Chapter 89 - Acceleration (5)

Startled by Hong Hye-yeon’s unexpected statement, the skinny team leader gazed at her in bewilderment for a moment.

“Huh?”

The reason was simple. She was a top-tier actress in the country, and she hadn’t really favored appearing on variety shows. In fact, she was more averse to it. Her aversion wasn’t because she looked down on variety shows but rather because she felt a bit burdened by them.

Many celebrities often suffered from stage fright in variety shows, knowing they weren’t good at speaking or being entertaining.

Hong Hye-yeon was one of them.

Naturally, due to her influence, she was flooded with offers for variety shows every year, but she almost always refused. If she did agree, it was usually a one-time appearance, like in ‘Sports Day.’ The team leader knew this all too well, which made him quite flustered.

“…You want to do PD Yoon’s variety show?”

“Yes.”

“You’re not talking the about ‘Sports Day’?”

“No, I mean the new one.”

The team leader’s eyes widened even further in surprise. In contrast, Hong Hye-yeon avoided his gaze. In a hushed tone, the team leader continued.

“You rarely do variety shows, right? I remember you even declined PD Yoon Byung-seon’s offer a year ago.”

That was true. But, brushing it off, Hong Hye-yeon, who had retied her long hair, shrugged.

“That time it was obviously an outdoor survival thing. I’m not great with that sort of stuff. But this time, it’s different, right?”

“It is, but… are you serious? This isn’t some kind of joke?”

“Team leader, when have you seen me joke about work?”

“No? No, of course not.”

The team leader quickly acknowledged, thinking of CEO Choi Sung-gun.

“Did you talk to the CEO about this?”

“I just thought of it.”

If Hong Hye-yeon was willing, there was no reason for Choi Sung-gun to object. Her influence within bw Entertainment was formidable, enhanced recently by Kang Woojin’s rise.

Then, scratching his chin with a puzzled expression, the team leader asked.

“Well, Hye-yeon, if you want to do it, it’s fine, but this is unexpected. Is there a particular reason you suddenly want to do a variety show?”

Crossing her slender legs, Hong Hye-yeon vaguely dodged the question, keeping her real thoughts hidden.

“Just because. The recent ‘Sports Day’ was fun, and after finishing my current project, I wanted to take a break. Dramas are great when they’re successful, but they’re exhausting, you know? In many ways.”

“True, it was quite intense. So, you’re going to do a variety show before your next drama?”

“I haven’t decided yet. PD Yoon might not choose me.”

“Hardly. They would jump at the chance if you’re willing.”

Smirking slightly, Hong Hye-yeon whispered.

“For now, arrange a meeting for me.”

Later that same night.

It was a little past 9 PM. A black van could be seen in the parking lot of a major hotel in Seoul. It was Kang Woojin’s team. Soon, Woojin, with an indifferent expression, got out of the van.