Chapter 119 - Multi (7)

Ah, this is a bit embarrassing. No, I couldn’t help it because a dead animal suddenly appeared. Kang Woojin, whose poker face momentarily broke, sneakily glanced at Jang Su-hwan, who had rushed over.

Does he suspect anything? Nevertheless, it can’t be helped.

‘Let’s just say I was startled. Yes, I’m human after all.’

However, with widened eyes, Jang Su-hwan suddenly gave Woojin a thumbs-up.

“That scream just now… no way, could it be, Hyung~nim! Were you practicing for the role you just took on??! Amazing! That scream was so original, it didn’t seem like you at all!”

“···Uh. Yes, well.”

Woojin felt a bit offended at the word ‘frivolous,’ but he thought, what does it matter? Then, checking the time, he muttered.

“Let’s go. It’s about time.”

“Yes!”

On their way back to the set, instead of enjoying the scenery, Woojin scanned the surroundings, comparing them with the script’s backdrop. Although peaceful now, this area would soon be swarming with bizarre creatures, rampant killing, and murder.

Of course, most of it would be through special effects.

For reference, today’s script reading had over 150 staff members present, an extra-large group even by regular film crew standards. Notably, a significant portion consisted of the VFX (special effects) and art teams.

That means a lot of effort is being put into special effects.

Undoubtedly, the production costs would be astronomical. Woojin, who had joined this massive project as the lead role, felt it surreal.

‘It feels a bit like I’m the black sheep.’

Regardless, Woojin returned to the edge of the forest where he had entered. Soon, a vast sea spread before his eyes. Well, it was actually a lake, but in the script, it was the sea. Anyway, Kang Woojin paused there for a moment.

“······”

He silently gazed at the lake. His expression became serious.

At this point, Director Kwon Ki-taek, who was busy giving instructions to staff at the entrance of the set, noticed Kang Woojin.

“Hmm?”

While briefly glancing around the dense forest, Woojin continued to stare at the lake for quite some time. The atmosphere around him was deeply serious and solemn.

At this, Director Kwon Ki-taek chuckled.

“Is he already immersing himself into the setting and emotions?”

The assistant director standing next to him asked.

“Yes??”

“Over there- I mean Woojin.”

“Oh.”

“Look at his expression, he’s no longer seeing this as a set. He’s looking at it as ‘Island of the Missing.'”

Director Kwon Ki-taek was convinced that Woojin was in the process of perceiving this place as the world of ‘Island of the Missing.’ That face, those expressions, and that aura. He had seen them even on the set of ‘Hanryang.’

‘With a genius like this putting in so much effort, he’s bound to become a monster.’

But that wasn’t the case. Kang Woojin was simply staring blankly at the lake, hoping for one wish.