Chapter 125 - Fireworks (5)

-Pabababababak!

-Pababababababab!

Flashbulbs crazily burst towards Kang Woojin. The press conference for ‘Male Friend’ transformed into what seemed like a personal press conference for Kang Woojin.

Journalists relentlessly snapped photos without pause.

On stage, Kang Woojin managed to maintain a poker face, though inside he wondered if this was reality or a dream. The flashing lights showed no sign of stopping.

“Woah, I’m going to go blind at this rate!”

Yet, he couldn’t show weakness. Woojin maximized his persona. Hold on. Stay dignified. Thanks to this, his cynical expression was captured vividly by over fifty reporters.

Then, the questions came like bullets.

“Mr. Woojin! Have you met Director Kyotaro in person?!”

“When did the discussions start?!”

“What role will you play in ‘The Eerie Sacrifice of a Stranger’?!”

“Have you met writer Akari?!”

“It’s unprecedented, right? How much was the negotiation for the appearance fee?!”

“Mr. Woojin, over here, this way!”

“Have you met with the Japanese actors you’re cast with?!”

“There are many projects lined up for you! Can you handle all of them?!”

“As a rookie actor, how did you land a leading role in a masterpiece by a Japanese master?! Tell us about the process!”

The questions bombarded Kang Woojin like bullets, almost as fast as the flash of cameras. His eyes dazzled and ears rang. Woojin struggled to keep his composure.

“I don’t know, please spare me. Whoa, this is crazy. At least give me time to answer!”

Despite his internal turmoil, the journalists’ fervor only intensified. It was understandable, given Kang Woojin himself had confirmed the major news shaking both Korea and Japan. Any journalist who remained silent at this moment would be a fool.

At this point,

– Swoosh.

Woojin’s eyes, previously donning a lifeless expression, shifted. He looked past the crowd of journalists to the very end of the hall. There a man with a ponytail, Choi Sung-gun, was standing with his arms crossed and a slight smile.

Their eyes met.

‘Is this enough?’

Choi Sung-gun nodded slightly.

‘Yes, well done.’

It was all a planned scenario. A premeditated nuclear bomb. The stage, the female reporter’s questions, Woojin’s straightforward acknowledgment, and the current madness. All orchestrated by Woojin and Choi Sung-gun before the press conference.

Well, the ‘straightforwardness’ was Woojin’s own decision.

‘Woojin, maybe, no, 100% sure, one of the reporters will ask about Director Kyotaro. What will you do?’

‘I have no intention of avoiding it. Can’t we talk about it now?’

‘Sure, we’ve finished discussing with Director Kyotaro.’

‘If there’s no problem, I’ll go straight ahead.’

‘Haha, that’s like you. Okay, I’ll handle the aftermath. Go on.’