Chapter 132 - Departure (6)

There are times when people reflect on themselves. They usually utter similar phrases like, ‘Wow- how did I do that?’ Kang Woojin had felt this many times throughout his life, especially during his days of working overtime at the design company.

And now, Woojin had just added another moment to that list.

‘Did I just use Japanese sign language? It must be right, right? He understood me, so it must be. But how?’

Indeed, it was Japanese sign language. Until a moment ago, he had been moving his body and expressions without much thought. But then, the question from that young boy, who seemed to be in his teens, ‘How do you know Japanese sign language?’ triggered a cascade of questions in Kang Woojin’s mind.

‘…Right. Why can I do it when I don’t even know myself? Do you know?’

It was impossible for the young boy who had prompted Woojin to use Japanese sign language to know the answer. In any case, numerous thoughts passed through Woojin’s mind in a very short time.

He knew that sign languages vary from country to country.

Well, he didn’t know at first, but he figured it out after learning sign language through the void space and doing some research. Having instantly mastered this strange and difficult language, he felt he needed to at least know the basics. That way, he could use it appropriately when necessary.

After confirming this information, Woojin nodded to himself.

Thinking about it, it didn’t make sense for the sign languages based on the different languages of numerous countries to be the same. Thus, Kang Woojin had concluded that what he had learned was Korean Sign Language. However, he unexpectedly used Japanese sign language in the studio of ‘Ame-talk Show!’.

Moreover, it was at a level that had been highly praised by an expert in Korean Sign Language. Therefore, Woojin’s confusion was a natural progression.

Then Kang Woojin thought,

‘Wait a minute. Let’s calm down and check if it works again. Was it a coincidence?’

Although it seemed unlikely to be a coincidence, he needed to be sure. Soon, Woojin fixed his gaze on the young boy in the audience,

whose eyes were wide open.

-Swish.

He raised his hand, trying to recall the sensation he had just experienced and attempted Japanese sign language again. But the term ‘attempt’ was an understatement. Kang Woojin effortlessly started using Japanese sign language, as if his body remembered the feeling.

[“Am I doing Japanese sign language correctly right now?”]

As Woojin gently signed, the young boy’s eyes widened further. He too raised his hand and replied,

[“Yes, it’s accurate. You seem to do it better than I do; I still make mistakes sometimes. Your signing skill is similar to my sign language teacher’s. No, actually, you’re better!”]

[“Thank you, I don’t even know why I can use Japanese sign language myself.”]

[“What??”]

[“No, just kidding.”]

Woojin’s fluency in Japanese sign language was undeniable. In fact, he was smoother than the young boy. At this point, Kang Woojin realized,

‘When I think in Japanese, my body automatically moves to remember the sign language. It feels like some kind of fusion.’