Chapter 50 - Projection (8)

Actually, Kang Woojin, who was somewhat adapting to the ‘Mise-en-scène Film Festival’, had clearly started to get flustered.

It started when Hong Hye-yeon returned to her seat.

“Aren’t you going to congratulate me?”

“···Congratulations.”

Woojin, who found it strange that she received the Best Actor Award in the first place, congratulated her. He definitely thought she would win the grand prize. Not only her acting, but also her experience and reputation couldn’t be ignored. But Hong Hye-yeon received the Best Actor Award.

“Thank you. Although I would have accepted even a bow.”

“But why are you congratulating me in advance?”

“Why are you pretending not to know? If I got the best actor, the answer is out, isn’t it? Don’t pretend to be modest.”

“······”

“Well, I wanted to be the first to congratulate you. I don’t feel bad at all even though I got the best actor award. Because I acknowledge it.”

Meanwhile.

-Swoosh.

Due to his schedule, the latecomer, Choi Sung-gun, arrived. As it was during the ceremony, he bowed and slid next to Director Shin Dong-chun and Hong Hye-yeon.

Choi Sung-gun, dressed in a suit, immediately gave a thumbs up to Hong Hye-yeon.

“Sorry, Director. I’m a bit late. Wow- Hye-yeon, you got an award? What did you get?”

“Best Actor.”

“Well done, well done. I need to prepare some hype.”

When Hong Hye-yeon said she got the Best Actor Award, the head of the agency’s boss didn’t seem to find it strange at all. Watching the two, Kang Woojin got up from his seat for now. He maintained courtesy even in the midst of confusion.

‘It’s a bit narrow in the front.’

Since Choi Sung-gun would sit in the empty seat to Woojin’s right, he was making room to pass by. Thanks to that, both Choi Sung-gun and Hong Hye-yeon turned their attention to Kang Woojin, who suddenly stood up.

At that moment.

“Acting Grand Prize… Congratulations, Actor Kang Woojin of ‘Exorcism’!”

Suddenly, Kang Woojin’s name echoed from the stage, and Woojin momentarily spaced out looking in the direction of the main stage.

At this point, Hong Hye-yeon next to him snickered.

“Look at this. He got up even before his name was called. He was sure the Grand Prize was his.”

Choi Sung-gun also smiled and patted Kang Woojin’s shoulder.

“I like that kind of confidence. Congratulations, and go get your award first.”

Director Shin Dong-chun, seated to the left of Hong Hye-yeon, also offered congratulations. There was a slight misunderstanding at this moment, but Woojin didn’t have a chance to react.

“….”

He was too busy organizing his breathing and thoughts. Somehow, the air in the hall felt different. It felt sticky yet drifting. A bit like being drunk. He felt like he would faint if he lost his focus for even a moment. It was an emotion close to thrill, but Kang Woojin didn’t have the time to realize it.