Chapter 60 - Torrent (5)

Afterwards.

After the uproar of ‘Profiler Hanryang’ on Monday, perhaps because the world was so noisy, time flew by. Naturally, the popularity of ‘Profiler Hanryang’ persisted. In fact, it only grew more immense.

The media was abuzz, as was public opinion.

Even though there were still a few days left until the third episode was aired, the astounding 23% viewership had indeed created explosive headlines. A series of discussions and debates ensued. On SNS, the word ‘Hanryang’ frequently appeared, and most popular posts on various blogs and online cafes revolved around Hanryang.

YouTube was flooded with content.

-!Deep Dive Analysis of ‘Profiler Hanryang’ Episode 1! Did you catch this hint??!!|DramaManTV

Numerous YouTubers, offering drama reviews and analyses, covered ‘Profiler Hanryang’.

Such was the nature of trends.

Once a super-popular drama made a splash, everything else gradually got consumed by its tide. Be it fashion or broadcasting, the essence remained the same—only the content varied. The public always craved fresh stimuli.

This time, the stimulus was ‘Profiler Hanryang’.

And so, it was only natural that the popularity of the character Park Dae-ri skyrocketed. Recently, audiences had become quite discerning. A pretty face alone wouldn’t suffice; acting skills, atmosphere, and storyline were equally crucial. If one also had good looks, it was the icing on the cake.

Kang Woojin possessed all these qualities.

While not every single one of his attributes might have been top-tier, he did meet all the criteria.

Above all,

-Watching the drama on broadcast and on YouTube… Park Dae-ri’s acting is really immersive…..

When it came to acting, the newcomer Kang Woojin, who portrayed Park Dae-ri, was truly exceptional. His skills garnered acclaim even from the most critical audiences.

-To be honest, lol, I don’t really like Park Eun-mi’s dramas, but Park Dae-ri is a masterstroke lol

The ones enjoying this situation were surprisingly not Kang Woojin, but the people around him who knew him well. For example, Kim Dae-young, who was about to start work at the company where he worked.

“Look at this guy? What? Kang Woojin’s acting looks awkward? Are you nuts? How dare you post such a negative comment? Take this downvote!”

Kim Dae-young’s daily routine began with searching for ‘Kang Woojin’. Of course, all three of his close friends did the same.

“Again, these tabloids. Spreading unfounded rumors. What? Kang Woojin is a Korean-Japanese? Nonsense. He’s a pure native Korean, you know. Go Korea.”

The trio enjoyed it more than Kang Woojin. Then Kim Dae-young accessed the homepage of Woojin’s agency, bw Entertainment. He was wondering if there were any new updates. It was quicker than getting a response from Woojin.

And then,

“Huh?”

Kim Dae-young found something.

“…Job recruitment notice?”

It was a notice from bw Entertainment looking to hire new employees.

Meanwhile, someone else was having a similar day: Kang Woojin’s younger sister, Kang Hyun-ah.

“Wow! There’s so much about him online!”