Chapter 21 - Reading (2)

Kang Woojin’s February ended.

Looking back, February was a month of astounding events for ordinary Woojin. Anyway, March has started. It was going to be a busy month, and soon, it was Saturday, March 7th.

Today was the day to leave for the MT and script reading of ‘Profiler Hanryang’. The current time was dawn. The place was Kang Woojin’s studio apartment. Of course, the studio was dark and Kang Woojin was fast asleep.

What woke him was.

-♬♪

The ringing of his cellphone, which sounded even more resounding because it was quiet. After about tens of seconds, half-awake Woojin managed to pick up his phone placed next to his head.

Groggy, he raised the phone to his ear without checking the caller.

“···Hello.”

His voice was hoarse as he was asleep. On the other hand, a clear female voice came from the other side of the phone.

“Oh my? You were sleeping?”

“······”

Taken aback, Kang Woojin checked the phone’s screen as soon as he heard the woman’s voice, squinting his eyes at the screen’s bright light.

-Hong Hye-yeon.

The other party was top actress Hong Hye-yeon.

“!!!”

Kang Woojin immediately got up and checked the time. It was just past 4 in the morning. What? A dream? No, why would Hong Hye-yeon call me at this hour? As his thoughts raced, Woojin quickly collected his wits.

‘Ah- stay in character.’

He barely managed to regain his composure. He had become a little used to faking it, so it didn’t take long.

“What’s the matter?”

“Aren’t you getting ready?”

Getting ready? Ah, ready to go to the MT and script reading?

“I was informed to arrive by 9 o’clock.”

“That’s right.”

“I planned to take the staff minibus.”

“Hey- you won’t be seen as much if you do that. It’s the first appearance of the popular star ‘Deputy Park’. I told you, everyone, actors and staff alike, are really curious about you, Woojin.”

“······”

“Where do you live, Woojin?”

“I live in Suji area.”

“Ah, wait a moment.”

She seemed to be doing something with her phone on the other end, and then Hong Hye-yeon continued speaking.

“Then, can you come to Suji Office station? Be there in two hours.”

What’s this? The vibe feels like she’s making a date. Woojin blinked his eyes and asked.

“Why?”

Through the phone, he heard the laughter-infused reply of Hong Hye-yeon.

“Why? I mean, I’m picking you up. Let’s take my car, not the minibus.”

Fast forward about two hours.

The time was heading towards 6 in the morning, and perhaps because it was early, there weren’t many people on the street. Among them, Kang Woojin, wearing an aviator jacket over his hoodie, was walking.