Chapter 66 - Many (5)

“An advertisement?”

Advertisement? Is he talking about the ads he’s seen on TV or YouTube? Thanks to the concept he was portraying, Kang Woojin managed to keep a poker face, but internally, he was genuinely taken aback.

Am I doing an advertisement?

It was quite shocking to think that an advertisement, which usually features famous celebrities, was offered to him. Well, it was surprising for Woojin, but in the grand scheme of things, it was a natural progression. After all, the world is very sensitive to trends these days.

And the fastest to respond to these trends is the advertisement industry.

Whether it’s big companies or the entertainment industry, if the public reacts to something, they jump on it. For instance, while not celebrities per se, there were many instances where trending figures were featured in advertisements. In other words, this proved that Kang Woojin was currently popular among the masses.

But wait, why a hamburger?

Just as Kang Woojin’s curiosity about the hamburger arose, the previously stopped vehicle began to move, and Choi Sung-gun, seated in the passenger seat, turned and started explaining.

“I honestly thought it would come eventually, but this offer came a bit sooner than expected. You know why it’s a hamburger, right?”

Suddenly, Kang Woojin recalled a line of Park Dae-ri.

“Ah, the line of Park Dae-ri.”

“That’s right. The line where Park Dae-ri said he likes hamburgers, and the way you ate in that interrogation room scene made the brand look favorably upon you.”

“Is that so?”

“After that broadcast, the sales of hamburgers skyrocketed. Anyway, I received the call yesterday but only told you today to surprise you. How do you feel? Getting an ad deal within two months of your debut? It’s record-breaking, isn’t it?”

I don’t know what’s going on, but it’s exciting. Woojin tried hard to hide his excitement.

“Yes, it’s surprising.”

“Hehe, then you should be even happier. The ad size proposed by the brand is big. They’re planning both a regular TV ad and a YouTube version. We’ll have to discuss the price during the meeting, but considering the size, it should be a good amount.”

“So, it’s just one shot?”

“Right. Usually, the first advertisement is a one-time deal. Depending on how it goes, they decide whether to extend the contract or sign a longer-term deal.”

Kang Woojin nodded slowly, and Choi Sung-gun, after opening his diary, flashed a broad smile.

“So, shall we proceed? We should definitely take this opportunity. It’s a great deal, and I don’t foresee any downsides, do you?”

Right. What could go wrong with an advertisement? It’s a guaranteed success.

“Please take care of it.”

“Okay! Amazing, truly. To be honest, even Hye-yeon didn’t land an ad this quickly. Well, let’s catch up to Hong Hye-yeon. Oh, don’t tell her about this.”

“Understood, but what’s the format?”

“Format? Ah, the concept? I briefly heard about it during the call. It seems they’re basing it on Park Dae-ri. Just imagine Park Dae-ri enjoying a hamburger comfortably.”