Chapter 3 - Misunderstanding (3)

The middle-aged man with the goatee, or rather, Song Man-woo, a veteran drama PD at SBC, had an excellent eye for actors. He was even quite demanding.

He had the credentials for it.

After all, he had been directing for nearly 20 years in the drama field. He produced at least 15 works, many of which were hits. When he first received a request to be a judge for the first round of “Super Actor” auditions, he had no high expectations.

At most, only one or two people would be worth seeing out of 1,000.

Even those would probably be no different than trash on the market. Just as he thought, the first contestant was a disaster. That contestant was Kang Woojin.

Song Man-woo’s first impression of Woojin was,

‘His face looks like a screw is missing.’

He looked stupid. As if to confirm this, the top actress Hong Hye-yeon sitting on his left said,

“PD, doesn’t he seem a bit dim-witted?”

The casting director from a well-known production company, sitting on his right, shared a similar impression.

“I agree. It seems tough from the start.”

Kang Woojin seemed spiritless. Song Man-woo saw him as lifeless. His acting would probably be meaningless.

Moreover,

“Excuse me, sir. Can I have a moment?”

The whispering of the main PD of ‘Super Actor,’ a female PD with short hair, amplified Song Man-woo’s sigh.

“That person is not an official participant. He just came with a friend, and the friend is currently in the restroom.”

“So?”

“If the first participant gets eliminated, the atmosphere won’t be good from the start. So, why don’t we just let him act for a bit to kill some time?”

“Killing time?”

“Yes. If we could even capture a gag cut, it would be nice. After all, we do need some material for the YouTube previews or teasers.”

In other words, the idiot wasn’t even an official participant.

“So you want to use him as bait for hooking?”

“Ah- bait is a bit harsh. Just let’s give it a try.”

“······Well, as the main PD, it’s your call. But you should definitely ask for his consent, right?”

“Of course, it’s not like we’re in the old days.”

Kang Woojin, an ordinary person, or a sacrifice for hooking. That was the conclusion drawn by the three judges, including Song Man-woo PD. And so, Kang Woojin’s acting began.

The atmosphere drastically changed within just 5 seconds.

“Huh! Cough!”

The loose-screwed Kang Woojin struck shock into Song Man-woo PD’s face. Actress Hong Hye Yeon’s expression was worth seeing too.

And then one minute passed.

Suddenly, everyone in the room was frozen. Not only the judges watching Woojin, who was desperately sobbing on the floor, but all ten or so ‘Super Actor’ staff members as well.

The impact of Kang Woojin’s acting was just that strong.

In just one minute, he captivated the veteran eyes present.