Chapter 82 - Enhancement (3)

Had I just heard correctly? Did I mishear? Kang Woojin stood in a daze, trying to recall the moment. But it was all too clear.

‘I’m 100% sure she said she’s a superfan of me, right?’

Indeed, just a moment ago, Hwalin had said she was a fan of Kang Woojin. It wasn’t as if Woojin had deliberately eavesdropped on her. It was purely coincidental. He had merely intended to return the bracelet Hwalin had dropped.

Right when he was about to call out to her, he heard Hwalin’s voice.

In any case, Kang Woojin blinked several times, trying to process what had just happened. But no matter how hard he thought about it, he couldn’t believe it.

‘Does this even make any sense?’

Hwalin was the leader of the famous girl group ‘Elani’. Their fandom? It was massive. Even among ‘Elani’ members, Hwalin was the most popular. Even someone like Kang Woojin, who wasn’t familiar with girl groups, knew that much.

To anyone’s eyes, Hwalin was clearly a top star.

She was a different caliber of star compared to Hong Hye-yeon. Why would such a star be a fan of Kang Woojin?

‘I mean, I am an actor… but I’m just a complete rookie. If it was someone like the handsome Ryu Jung-min or the top actor Jin Jae-jun, I’d understand.’

However, the fact remained: Hwalin had declared herself a fan, even overlooking top stars, actors like Ryu Jung-min and Jin Jae-jun. Woojin couldn’t help but feel a little elated.

Of course, he was. Hwalin had just revealed herself as a fan right in front of him.

Unconsciously, the corners of Woojin’s lips turned up slightly.

‘Ah, stop it. Don’t smile, you silly lips.’

His maintained concept was momentarily broken as Woojin quickly tried to regain his neutral expression, but overwhelmed by elated emotions, his lips kept curling into a grin. Was he losing his mind? Kang Woojin slapped his cheeks lightly.

‘Get a grip.’

For now, he put Hwalin’s bracelet in his pocket. Leaving it on the floor felt wrong, and directly handing it to her in the current circumstances seemed inappropriate.

Giving it back later, saying he found it, seemed more natural.

– Whoosh.

Forcing on an air of indifference, Woojin turned on his heel to leave. He decided to head first to the meeting room. As he did, he recalled his previous encounters with Hwalin.

‘She first saw me at Netflix, right? She looked uncomfortable around me from the start and even avoided eye contact.’

She always seemed cold and indifferent to him. But what if it wasn’t out of dislike, but surprise? Suddenly, Kang Woojin remembered all the misunderstandings that had occurred due to his ‘concept’ act.

‘That’s quite possible.’

Why she was a fan of him, he didn’t know, and he wasn’t keen on finding out.

It was one of two things: either she wanted to hide her admiration for Kang Woojin or she unintentionally started off on the wrong foot and it led to this.

Kang Woojin looked back on himself, from the past till now.

‘Misunderstandings can be tricky – I’m living proof of them.’

Of course, currently, Kang Woojin needed to maintain his composure. Hwalin probably just felt shy and awkward around him. Still, he felt a kindred spirit in her.