Chapter 79 - Expansion (8)

The reason Jin Jae-jun felt unconsciously tense was because of Kang Woojin’s gaze from across. A look that felt drained of energy but still seemed to prick every inch of his body.

It was just a rehearsal now.

Thus, the knife held by Kang Woojin was fake, and there was no blood as expected. The distance between the knife blade and the eyeball was about 3cm, farther than anticipated. Normally, it should have been almost 1cm from the eyeball. Woojin’s costume and face were clean.

Yes, Kang Woojin was certainly holding back.

It was just a simple dialogue rehearsal after all. The problem was that, even though it was a rehearsal, the Kang Woojin that Jin Jae-jun saw, or rather Lee Sang-man, that Jin Jae-jun saw felt too real.

‘…I can see why the director was so engrossed in watching the monitor.’

Of course, Jin Jae-jun was taken aback by yesterday’s Lee Sang-man’s portrayal as well. Even as a spectator, he found it hard to look away. The clarity of the portrayal, the distinct movements, the detailed lines. But today felt different. Sitting in front of Lee Sang-man as his counterpart, Jin Jae-jun felt a stifling pressure.

‘Can a gaze suffocate someone? Is it just natural for him?’

There was a difference between the people Lee Sang-man recognized and those he didn’t. His eyes were deep. While they weren’t yesterday, but today, those eyes were filled with Jin Jae-jun, or more accurately, ‘Jeong Seong-hoon’. Jin Jae-jun felt himself being drawn into them.

Could that be why?

“…”

Jin Jae-jun’s view of Lee Sang-man began to shift. The sights he had or would see as ‘Jeong Seong-hoon’ overlapped like a panorama. The emotions thrown by Lee Sang-man became the catalyst.

The brightness of the warehouse darkened even more.

The bustling staff disappeared, replaced by men in dark suits. Among them was Lee Sang-man. With his shirt sleeves rolled up to his elbows, he tortured a subordinate tied up in a corner of the warehouse using a sashimi knife.

It wasn’t clear where he was cutting, but Lee Sang-man slowly sliced the subordinate’s flesh.

The subordinate’s screams, Lee Sang-man’s low laughter, the smell of blood.

Jeong Seong-hoon felt a dry lump in his throat. He felt it. Every hair on his body stood on end. From behind Lee Sang-man, blood dripped continuously. That was all Jeong Seong-hoon could see.

And now, Lee Sang-man, with blood all over his face, stood before him.

“You have the eyes of a snitch. You’re a snitch, aren’t you?”

Even now, the sashimi knife was close to the eyeball. Lee Sang-man was a man with a wild madness in his eyes, yet agile with a weapon.

However, Jeong Seong-hoon was willing to stake his life.

After all, the old warehouse, the slicing of the subordinate, the showering in blood, and even this knife were all just for show. Jeong Seong-hoon desperately held back the urge to urinate. He then adjusted his posture, relaxing his hunched shoulders and crossing his legs.

That posture wasn’t good for walking on a rope.

“Then stab me. See if you can bleed me.”

Jeong Seong-hoon instead brought his eye even closer to the nearby blade. That crazy gangster bastard had a good sense. Pushing forward aggressively was the only answer. On the other hand, the hint of amusement disappeared from Lee Sang-man’s face.