Chapter 143 - Missing (2)

In a forest blanketed in stark darkness, under the faintly shining moonlight, the atmosphere was much the same as when they first arrived. However, the number of people had decreased. Two had come, but now one was nowhere to be seen.

The camera slowly moves to capture the profile of the remaining man.

On the monitor intently watched by Director Kwon Ki-taek, Kang Woojin’s face appears. No, rather, it fills with the intense expressions of Corporal Jin Sun-cheol. However, it was blurry, not showing the entire face. It was an intentional direction, with only his laughter being crystal clear.

His white teeth conspicuously curved into a crescent moon.

Director Kwon Ki-taek, engrossed in the scene, unconsciously leaned closer to the monitor. It had been a very long time since he had been so absorbed, forgetting about directing and purely lost in an actor’s performance.

‘How can he change the quality of two characters so quickly?’

At the moment, nothing in particular about directing came to Kwon Ki-taek’s mind. He was simply captivated by the actor’s performance, by Kang Woojin’s expressions. This wasn’t just for now. Since morning, Kang Woojin’s acting had not shown the slightest bit of disruption and had been steadfast.

‘It’s not just about quickly changing facial expressions or tones. The meaning in the eyes, the force in the intonation, the intimidation mixed in the actions. Even at a glance, it’s clearly visible that two beings are living together. Rather than a split personality, it’s as if he has two bodies-’

Even as Corporal Jin Sun-cheol, who had been laughing looking over the edge of the cliff, suddenly muttered to himself.

“What, why. Pretentious- bullshit.”

From his face to his torso, and then his arms and legs, he shivered. It was not intense but neither was it subtle. Enough to send chills, his eyes rolling back as if possessed by a spirit.

There was a monstrous being here.

Soon, the pupils of dozens of staff members, actors like Ryu Jung-min or Ha Yu-ra, dilated. The staff either covered their mouths or whispered among themselves.

“Creepy. Ah, I got goosebumps.”

“Wow- Woojin’s acting is really… insane.”

“Is this his acting tension on the first day? I was shocked during the reading, but seeing it on set, doesn’t it feel like he’s possessed by some acting god?”

Ryu Jung-min and.

“······”

Including Ha Yu-ra.

‘······How could such a performance come out in just a few seconds??’

The actors couldn’t utter a word. They just watched. The camera on the set focused on Kang Woojin’s performance, which was overwhelmingly charismatic. In fact, they had been speechless since earlier. Although he was a lead actor, currently, he was carrying the scene alone without other leading actors.

But his presence was as compelling as having everyone there.

That’s when it happened.

“Cut. OK.”

Director Kwon Ki-taek gave an OK and stood up. Simultaneously, the staff clapped as if somewhat enchanted.

-Clap, clap, clap, clap.

Not too loud, but a reasonable decibel. Perhaps in awe of the spirit-like performance Woojin just showed. Whatever the case, Kang Woojin, who had instantly extracted the two personas of ‘Corporal Jin Sun-cheol’, thought to himself.