Chapter 193 - United States (8)

Before they knew it, the grand opening of the ‘Our Table’ food truck had arrived. An enormous park in the United States, a place Kang Woojin had never been to before, unfolded before his eyes as he donned the ‘Our Dining Table’ uniform. Woojin checked the front continuously while casually putting a headscarf on his head.

Because both wonder and unfamiliarity arose at the same time.

‘Crazy… Why am I even here??’

His expression was full of the dignity of a chef, but inside, his heart was pounding like an ordinary citizen. Indeed, the world was vast. Especially, Kang Woojin’s world was several times larger than that of ordinary people. After all, it included the realm of the void space.

But that was only for a moment.

‘Ah- shit, well, that aside. I need to prepare.’

As if intending to unwind the tension with work, Woojin was about to take out the wok when the people standing around him openly voiced their trembling hearts. They were Hong Hye-yeon, Hwalin, and Yeon Baek-kwang, all dressed the same as Woojin.

“Ah- It’s so nerve-wracking actually being in the food truck, right?”

“Right? Unnie, my hands are shaking.”

“Oh? Really? I think I’m okay.”

“…Baek-kwang. Your legs are shaking though?”

“Ah, that’s because I did squats for too long yesterday… just kidding! I’m actually insanely nervous! The, the Americans are really coming, right?”

“But… It wouldn’t be the case that not even one person comes, right?”

“There are more than four food trucks here.”

“If they don’t come, that’s a disaster in itself.”

“PD Yoon seems like he would even enjoy a failing scene.”

As if to relieve their pounding hearts through conversation, the three chattered while preparing for the opening. In the meantime, Kang Woojin’s cynicism intensified, and Yeon Baek-kwang, who glanced at the chef leader, whispered to Hong Hye-yeon next to him.

“But sunbae-nim, Woojin hyung doesn’t seem nervous at all. He’s like the Terminator.”

Hong Hye-yeon turned her head back to check on Kang Woojin. He had already started the preliminary cooking for bulgogi.

“A matter of this magnitude isn’t enough to make him shake. We need a Hollywood star to show up for his eyebrows to even come closer together.”

“Amazing… I want to learn that aura too.”

“That kind of thing suits Woojin ssi, you would get scolded if you did it.”

That’s when it happened.

“Uh, uh, uh?”

Hwalin, who was portioning out soba noodles next to Woojin, opened her mouth a bit unusually.

“Uh, uh, uh? Here they come, they’re coming.”

Thanks to her, everyone including Kang Woojin raised their gaze to the front. A few minutes after opening, an elderly American couple was talking around a table with the ‘Our Dining Table’ writer. Apparently getting their consent. Soon, the elderly couple sat at the central table, and An Jong-hak, the figurehead boss, approached them with a menu.

And so.

“One bulgogi! One kimjaban!”

The Americans ordered Kang Woojin’s dishes. Here it comes, the time has finally arrived. Woojin felt an emotion similar to the first time he acted. It wasn’t a serious situation, but a peculiar greed arose.