Chapter 99 - Cut-off (3)

Lim Sang-moon, a reporter, was furiously clicking his mouse at his desk. Just by his rough hand movements, you could feel his urgency.

-Click! Click! Click!

He moved his mouse relentlessly. His complexion was still dark, and his eyes and expression were full of irritation and impatience.

“Damn it! Seriously, where did this even come from?”

He grumbled but didn’t stop his hands. He didn’t have time for that. The original plan was to break the news in July, and he hadn’t even drafted the article he was going to write. He had just roughly sorted the collected evidence photos and other materials, and it was still all over the place.

“Damn it – just the key points, focus on the key points.”

Reporter Lim sifted through hundreds of photos. It was an exclusive, giant scoop. He needed to select the most provocative ones for his exclusive scoop worthy of the story. All the while, he continued to grumble, or rather, curse.

“This isn’t something to be rushed out, damn.”

It felt like, after doing a splendid interior design, it got all messed up at the end. Lim was immensely frustrated. Of course, revealing it now would still cause a domestic uproar, but the more seeds – by Seo Chae-eun getting involved in more works – that were planted, the greater the impact would be.

‘There was a rumor about her meeting with director Kwon Ki-taek, if that was true, this would be the scoop of a lifetime! Damn it!’

The timing wasn’t ripe yet. But that timing was only privy to Lim, and now that it’s making rounds to the extent of reaching the editor and even the ears of Choi Sung-gun, so it was clear that things were getting out of hand now. Whether it’s an exclusive scoop or anything else, if it becomes too stale, it won’t even spark interest.”

-Click! Click!

If somehow a rumor or piece about Seo Chae-eun gets out from somewhere else, all the time he spent following her would be wasted. So, Reporter Lim decided,

“Damn- Whatever. I don’t know.”

He decided to stop overthinking. He focused solely on releasing the article in the shortest time possible. Selecting the materials, writing the article.

‘Even if I postpone the editing.’

It would take more than 3 hours. Reporter Lim checked the time. It was past 1:40 PM, around late lunchtime. So, the deadline was 4 PM. Thanks to this, his clicking became even faster.

“Hey, move faster, you bastard. Quicker! Huh? I can see your fingers.”

Even the editor, who had come close, interfered. Reporter Lim was already in a hurry, and being poked at by someone next to him made his irritation explode.

“Ah! Can you just-! Stay still for a moment! I can’t focus!!”

Bursting out in anger, Reporter Lim moved his fingers quickly again. They say haste makes waste, but Reporter Lim’s perspective was very narrow at the moment.

Unaware whether it was an intentional provocation or not.

“First, the title! How about this for the title?!”

“Uh, uh, good, good. I like it, like it. Just do it quickly!”

He began to hit the keyboard keys as if he would break it.

Meanwhile, in Yeonnam-dong.

A spacious apartment living room. The interior was predominantly black-toned, and the furniture also exuded elegance. Above all, a large poster was hanging on the wall in front of the living room.