Chapter 195 - United States (10)

“……Subduing a thug?”

A man with a belly reminiscent of Santa Claus took off his sunglasses in disbelief. On the other hand, a foreign woman with short brown hair casually spoke in English with an indifferent tone.

“Yes, it wasn’t staged but real.”

“There’s such a video on Youtube?”

“That’s right.”

The man who had been lying on the beach bench slowly got up. He then recalled the Korean actor Kang Woojin, whom the woman had mentioned. It had been more than half a year ago. He had seen ‘Exorcism’ at a very famous Korean short film festival.

‘In the end, considering the entire film festival, that actor was the best, wasn’t he?’

The Santa-like man had taken an interest in the rookie actor Kang Woojin. Indeed, Kang Woojin had outshone many actors to win the grand prize award at the Mise-en-scène Film Festival. Well, it was an acting award for newcomers, but anyway, Kang Woojin had been the most memorable to him.

‘His acting was… was breathtaking. Especially his facial expressions in that basement scene.’

Although it was a memory from quite some time ago, Kang Woojin’s performance remained vivid in the man’s mind. That’s why, upon returning to Hollywood, he had mentioned Kang Woojin to his CD, telling her to look into this promising actor from Korea.

But that was it.

The world is vast and actors are plentiful. Especially newcomers like Kang Woojin even more so. Thus, the Santa-like man naturally forgot about Kang Woojin, whereas the woman CD, whose job was to monitor actors, reminded him once again.

Then,

-Swish.

The woman in the suit, the CD, passed her cellphone to the pot-bellied man. The cellphone displayed a paused Youtube video, and the Santa-like man used his index finger to play the video.

A running time of about 2 minutes. It was a familiar dashcam video.

Kang Woojin effortlessly subduing an assailant who was attacking a woman with an awl. Even a layman would find it miraculous, but what about the Santa-like man, who had been interested in Woojin? His eyes widened as he replayed the video several times. Eventually, after about 4 repeats, the Santa-like man let out a small exclamation.

“Ha- indeed, it’s an interesting video.”

The short-haired woman smiled.

“Isn’t it?”

“And you’re saying this video is real, not staged?”

“That’s right. Turns out, it was a real incident and was even reported on the news in Korea. Kang Woojin saved a Korean actress, and thanks to that, he’s currently making quite the noise in Korea.”

“If it’s this big of a deal, it would be a sensation here in Hollywood too.”

At that moment,

-Swish.

Two foreign women in bikinis passed by them. Among them, the slightly plump woman whispered upon seeing the man sitting on the beach bench.

“Isn’t that George Mendes?”

“Uh? Who?”

“Over there. Don’t you know? Famous as both an actor and a director.”

“Ah- I see who you mean.”