Chapter 51 - Countdown (1)

An article with a clear image of their son. So, Woojin’s parents…”

“……….”

“……….”

stared blankly at their son on the monitor for a while. It seemed like they had completely forgotten about the customer’s order. About a minute passed before Woojin’s mother, Seo Hyun-mi, regained her composure.

“Uh, first, let’s get the porridge ready.”

Her husband, Kang Woo-chul, nodded his head in agreement. They quickly prepared two bowls of porridge, and then gathered again in front of the counter monitor. Kang Woojin in the article was still there.

Then, Seo Hyun-mi and Kang Woo-chul read the article content carefully.

“‘Mise-en-scène Film Festival’? Grand Prize?”

“What time is it now? This article just came out.”

“So, does it mean our son is at this film festival right now? With famous actresses like Hong Hye-yeon.”

“Why? Why did our son win the Grand Prize at this film festival for acting?”

The couple found it hard to understand even after reading the article. That’s because their son, Kang Woojin, had announced only a few months ago that he would become an actor. Of course, they didn’t know much about the acting industry either.

“Don’t people usually practice and go to academies when they start acting?”

“Right. When I searched, it said that you have to dedicate several years of your life…”

They knew that winning an acting grand prize within a few months was impossible. Especially since,

“Hong Hye-yeon is considered the best actress. So, does this mean my son beat this actress?”

Kang Woojin had outperformed a very famous top actress. It was unbelievable. Suddenly remembering, Seo Hyun-mi picked up her phone.”

“I’ll call, I’ll try calling.”

Kang Woo-chul stopped her.

“Ah, no. What if we disturb Woojin?”

“Ah… right.”

At that moment,

-♬♪

-♬♪

Both Seo Hyun-mi’s and Kang Woo-chul’s phones received a notification at the same time. It was a message. So both of them checked their phones and were immediately surprised.

“Woojin!”

“Our son!”

Because the sender was Kang Woojin. Their son, who was at the ‘Mise-en-scène Film Festival’, had sent the same message to his parents. The content was the same.

-(Photo)

-I won an award for my acting. It’s just a short film festival, so it’s not a big deal, but I’m proud. I’m sending this because I thought you might be worried. Please don’t worry too much.

There was a photo of a trophy attached to the message.

Later,

As the ‘Mise-en-scène Film Festival’ was wrapping up its awards ceremony and holding its closing ceremony, journalists attending the festival were quickly spreading the information they had gathered.

『’Mise-en-scène Film Festival’, a best film winner this year! ‘Exorcism’ Sweeps Best Film and Acting Awards.』

Although it was a short film festival, there were quite a few interesting things. So the press, who heard the news from the onsite reporters, got a little excited.