Chapter 15 - Short Film (4)

“Ph, Phoenix?”

Director Shin Dong-chun’s voice over the phone became excited.

“You’re right his crazy acting is like nothing we’ve ever seen, but… are you sure it’s right to praise him so highly?!”

In response to Director Shin Dong-chun’s question, PD Song Man-woo asked in a slightly subdued voice.

“How much of his acting have you seen?”

“Well, about three minutes, as per the script.”

“More. If you see it for longer, you’ll understand my reaction. Conversely, you’re saying you were captivated in just those short three minutes.”

“Ah…”

“Moreover, I’m not just judging based on his ridiculous acting. There’s something about his… energy or aura, if you will. The human essence he gives off is different. He definitely has star quality, but it’s different.”

The unique, mysterious aura Kang Woojin possessed was starkly different from the typical top stars often seen in the entertainment industry, but to PD Song Man-woo, it appeared fresh and full of potential. At this point, Director Shin Dong-chun over the phone changed the topic.

“··· Writer Park is also a big fan of Kang Woojin, isn’t she?”

“Yes. Looking at her current state, it’s not just that she’s a big fan of him, she’s pretty much enamored.”

“Huh- Even the picky Writer Park?”

“However, Kang Woojin seems to be quite self-assured, which comes off as arrogance.”

“I only saw him briefly, but he certainly does have an aloof air. But when he acts… should I say it’s a 180-degree transformation?”

“That’s right. He’s absolutely cut out to be a top-notch actor.”

Remembering Kang Woojin’s serious face, PD Song Man-woo chuckled and checked his wristwatch again.

“Listen closely. In conclusion, we had to pull some strings to get him in our project. Kang Woojin is someone who easily outperforms the top actors, treating it as a mere pastime. If someone like him went to you in person to show his acting, it means.”

“means?”

“I don’t know how he got your script, but doesn’t it mean he has a fondness for your work? Otherwise, why would he go out of his way to perform for you? He’s about to increase his value significantly.”

“… fondness? For my ‘Exorcist’?”

“That’s my judgment. Of course, I’ve only briefly seen Kang Woojin, but he doesn’t seem like the type to cross great lengths for a project.”

Soon, Director Shin Dong-chun was silent over the phone, and during the silence, PD Song Man-woo added.

“In other words, Kang Woojin must like your ‘Exorcist’. He wouldn’t go to all that trouble if he didn’t, right?”

“He… likes my work?”

There were many errors in their conversation, particularly in the word ‘fondness’. However, PD Song Man-woo, who had no way of knowing this, quickly proceeded with the matter.

“So, did you get his number?”

“Huh? No, I couldn’t even stop him because he left so suddenly.”

“Heh, he just left without a backward glance, huh?”

“Yes, that’s what he did.”

““I’ll give you his number. He took the trouble to come see you directly, so it should be fine to share his number. Get in touch and meet him properly. You will understand what I mean.”