Chapter 189 - United States (4)

Three months. Seo Hyun-mi, Kang Woojin’s mother, briefly reminisces about Woojin’s childhood. Then, she focuses again on the large TV mounted on the wall. Although Woojin’s image had disappeared from the news, Seo Hyun-mi still murmured softly, her eyes still lingering on the memory.

“…..Three months. Is that enough time to take down such a bad guy?”

Kang Woo-chul, who bore a similar face to Seo Hyun-mi, shook his head seriously.

“Do you think it’s possible?”

“But, just now on the news, they were saying something about Woojin fighting off some assailant or something like that.”

“I saw it too.”

Soon, Seo Hyun-mi’s eyes widened even more as she exclaimed.

“Could it be! Was Woojin a hapkido genius?!!”

It was an absurd conclusion, but Seo Hyun-mi’s brain was full of errors at the moment. However, her husband, Kang Woo-chul, corrected her.

“Does that make any sense? It’s strange to even bring up hapkido here.”

“Why, why??”

“Hyun-mi, Woojin took hapkido lessons decades ago. At most, he was 12-13 years old. Plus, do you not remember?”

“…Huh?”

“Was it on the parents’ observation day at Woojin’s hapkido studio? When Woojin was performing forms or something. While other kids had sharp moves, our Woojin was almost dancing. You said it looked like a dance.”

“Did, did I say that?”

“You did.”

With her husband’s reminder, the idea of hapkido was erased from Seo Hyun-mi’s mind as she recalled her son’s face again.

“Then… how did Woojin manage to take down that assailant?”

At that moment.

-Snap!

As if a lightbulb went off, Kang Woo-chul suddenly clapped his hands together and raised his voice.

“That’s it, that’s it! Actors practice martial arts for action scenes, right? I saw in a documentary that action movie actors learn martial arts, almost to the point of vomiting blood. Woojin must have learned martial arts before his projects.”

“Ah.”

“If he took down that assailant, he must have put in a bloody effort!”

It was a likely possibility. In the current situation, it was the most plausible explanation. Or rather, a misconception. Seo Hyun-mi was quick to agree.

“Oh, that’s right, that’s right!”

Suddenly, Seo Hyun-mi began to sob.

“Oh- how hard must he have practiced…”

Kang Woo-chul’s expression hardened.

“He’s using it in real life, so he must have dedicated months to it. But it’s okay, our son is strong.”

“Still… ah! Woojin is alright, isn’t he?”

“Yeah. We talked on the phone before he left for the U.S. If something had happened, they would have let us know right away. Either his agency or Woojin himself.”

Seo Hyun-mi, who had just calmed down, hesitated with her phone in hand.

“Ah, Woojin is in the U.S.”