Chapter 5 - Concept (1)

Around 11 PM, a writer’s workspace.

The interior of the space seems to easily exceed about 40 pyeong (approximately 132 square meters). It looks like a residential house as it’s in an apartment, but it’s a writer’s workspace. As proof, assistant writers are busily typing on laptops on the desk in the center of the living room.

It’s common to see assistant writers staying overnight at the workspace. And also in the largest room surrounded by bookshelves full of books.

-Tap, tap tap.

The frantic typing sound echoed throughout the room. A middle-aged woman wearing a grey hairband appeared.

“Che.”

She, who clicked her tongue as if she couldn’t write well, was the owner of this large writer’s workspace. Her name was writer Park Eun-mi. She had a face of about 40 years old, with long permed hair tied back.

Park Eun-mi, the writer, was,

“Sigh-”

covering her face with both hands as if she was in pain.

-♬♪

Her mobile phone, next to the laptop, rang with a cheerful ringtone. However, writer Park Eun-mi,

“······”

only gave it a fleeting glance and didn’t answer the call. There had been an influx of calls for about a month now.

The reason was simple.

“[Issue Check] Star Writer Park Eun-mi Returns… Broadcasting Industry Excited from the Start”

She was one of the few star writers in the country. She had written a total of 14 dramas so far and made 8 of them, including her most recent work, a hit. Did the remaining six fail? No, they did better than average.

In other words, writer Park Eun-mi was an ultra-class star writer who never had a failed work.

Such a person,

“Hit Machine, Writer Park Eun-mi Collaborates with SBC for Her Latest Work”

had teamed up with SBC Drama this time. The director was Song Man-woo PD, who was considered one of the heavyweights among the existing PDs. They had already worked together on five projects, and even before the pre-production, a top actor was already confirmed.

Hong Hye-yeon.

The huge, enormous trio was the base. Therefore, even before the start of the production, rumors spread at the speed of light.

Thanks to that,

-♬♪

Writer Park Eun-mi’s phone was ringing every minute. Most of them were calls from large to medium-sized entertainment agencies. They desperately wanted to fit their actors into the cast. Well, that was natural.

If they made it in this scene, it would be a so-called jackpot.

Writer Park Eun-mi was aware of this.

“It’s a chaos, total chaos.”

For a writer of her caliber, controlling the casting scene was not a problem. However, the blueprint for the cast of the new drama was already somewhat drawn. Hong Hye-yeon was confirmed. Hence, the calls from the entertainment agencies were nothing but annoying to writer Park Eun-mi.

Perhaps due to that,

“Oh, it’s so noisy.”

Writer Park Eun-mi was about to reach out to turn off the loudly ringing mobile phone. But then she paused.