Chapter 172 - Stranger (2)

Genuinely, Kang Woojin had no idea who the Japanese elderly man standing in front of him was. There was a certain aura about him, but it was ambiguous.

‘Sigh – Seems familiar, but I don’t know.’

The vibe was somewhat similar to Director Ahn Ga-bok, but the scent emitted was rougher from this grandpa. Woojin came to a rough conclusion.

‘Is he someone from the production team? Like a director of photography? Is that why he’s been waiting for me?’

It was a clear mistake, but Kang Woojin’s recognition wasn’t strange at all. Chairman Hideki was famous in Japan, but utterly unfamiliar to Kang Woojin. It was natural for only a few in Korea to know Chairman Hideki, not the general public. However, Kang Woojin had definitely seen Chairman Hideki before.

He might not remember, but Woojin had seen a photo of Chairman Hideki in a past article.

It was when ‘The Eerie Sacrifice of a Stranger’ was in crisis and then miraculously recovered. During the time ‘The Eerie Sacrifice of a Stranger’ was a hot topic in both Japan and Korea, Kang Woojin had also briefly seen Chairman Hideki’s face. However, it was seen so fleetingly that it didn’t deeply imprint in his mind.

In contrast, Choi Sung-gun, standing behind Woojin, had his eyes wide open. He recognized Chairman Hideki precisely.

‘Crazy. Chairman Hideki Yoshimura. This guy actually came??’

Choi Sung-gun was Kang Woojin’s main manager and a businessman. He knew Chairman Hideki even before the Kashiwa Group got involved with ‘The Eerie Sacrifice of a Stranger’. Of course, this was the first time he had faced him.

‘I was skeptical when they said they’d do the script reading at this hotel – I never imagined Chairman Hideki would actually show up.’

Here, Choi Sung-gun felt a bit of certainty. Maybe the Kashiwa Group was indeed the main investor that saved ‘The Eerie Sacrifice of a Stranger’. It wasn’t officially announced yet, but there was some connection between Chairman Hideki and ‘The Eerie Sacrifice of a Stranger’, whether it be through Director Kyotaro or Writer Akari.

‘The very fact that the script reading is happening at a hotel owned by the Kashiwa Group… But waiting for Woojin? For what reason?’

Soon.

-Swish.

Kang Woojin, who perceived Chairman Hideki as some kind of director, slightly bowed his head, and low Japanese words came out of his mouth.

“I’m sorry, as I mentioned, I was held up at the airport. Nice to meet you, I’m Kang Woojin.”

The surrounding actors and staff murmured at his fluent Japanese.

“…He speaks Japanese better than I thought?”

“Right? I wouldn’t have known he’s Korean if he hadn’t said so.”

Although they had seen Woojin’s Japanese on the ‘Ame-talk Show!’ and various videos, witnessing it directly showcased his skills beyond imagination. Kang Woojin felt somewhat pressured by the situation. Everyone was watching him and the elder in front of him. The reporters entering were busy taking photos. Later, the articles would probably just mention the meeting between Kang Woojin and Chairman Hideki.

Then.

“Hmm.”

Chairman Hideki, stroking his chin, showed a wrinkled smile and said to Kang Woojin.

“You seem to be even more fluent in Japanese than what I saw on TV. I saw you doing sign language.”

Sign language? Ah- Did he watch the ‘Ame-talk Show!’? Kang Woojin responded appropriately.