Chapter 166 - Breaking (5)

While Choi Sung-gun was away taking a call, only Kang Woojin, Director Ahn Ga-bok, and the film company’s CEO remained in the CEO’s office. The atmosphere was somewhat heavy. Director Ahn Ga-bok and the film company’s CEO were just intently watching Woojin across them.

“······”

“······”

Kang Woojin was silently looking down at the first chapter of ‘Leech,’ which would be Director Ahn Ga-bok’s 100th movie. However, Director Ahn Ga-bok noticed a slight change in Woojin in a fleeting moment.

‘Did he just – hesitate for a moment?’

Hence, the question was asked.

“Why. Is there a part you don’t like?”

However, Kang Woojin did not answer immediately. He was still looking down at the ‘Leech’ script, but he was actually recalling the situation he had entered in the void space a little while ago.

It was an addition to the scenario after a while.

When Woojin entered the endlessly dark void space, his first words were brief.

“Is the movie title ‘Leech’? That’s very simple.”

A simple impression of the title. The title seemed rough and it was hard to guess the content. Well, he could read more about it later. Kang Woojin checked the floating white rectangle. Among the listed, the one at the very end was ‘Leech.’

As soon as he saw it, Kang Woojin’s eyes widened slightly.

-[8/Scenario (Title: Leech), S-grade]

-[*This is a complete movie scenario. 100% reading is possible.]

S-grade. The movie ‘Leech’ was S-grade from the start. Woojin was purely amazed.

“Wow- truly a masterpiece.”

Indeed, Director Ahn Ga-bok deserved to be called a legend in the Korean film industry. However, a question arose. It was clear that it was great, but.

“But this movie, he said it was for challenging Cannes, right?”

What kind of result would this ‘Leech’ achieve? If it was just releasing in cinemas like ‘Drug Dealer,’ it would be judged by the number of audiences. But since it was challenging Cannes, would it only explode in that aspect?

‘No. It could also release after going to Cannes.’

‘Exorcism’ was a short film, so there wasn’t even a thought of releasing, but ‘Leech’ was a feature film. There was a high possibility of releasing in domestic cinemas after challenging Cannes. According to Woojin’s research, after being invited to the Academy Awards ceremony, with some well-placed public relations, the movie could also release.

In other words, it was somewhat ambiguous to predict.

Then, Kang Woojin put aside his complicated thoughts. Whichever way it went, if it hit big, that was all that mattered, right? Maybe it could do well in both aspects. At this point, Kang Woojin, who had stopped thinking about the void space, was again addressed by Director Ahn Ga-bok from across him, slightly tilting his head.

“What’s wrong. Is there a problem?”

With an low voice and a poker face, Kang Woojin silently shook his head.

“No. I was just reading.”

“Is that so? It was brief, but what do you think?”

I don’t know yet. I haven’t read it properly, so it was natural. Simply saying ‘This is precious, it’s S-grade.’ was not something he could do. Well, other top actors might say it’s good because it’s Director Ahn Ga-bok’s script, but Kang Woojin, with his deep concept and honesty, decided to speak frankly.