Chapter 38 - Hanryang (4)

Park Dae-ri’s eyes, staring at Yu Ji-hyeong, were calm, like a morning lake shrouded with mist. They were still, without a tremor, and the temperature was ambiguous, lukewarm.

Yet, they were intense and dangerous.

Not aggressive, but enough to evoke fear. To dip a foot into those deep eyes was to feel oneself being sucked in endlessly. The more one floundered, the deeper and more endless it seemed.

Those eyes of Park Dae-ri changed the atmosphere in the interrogation room.

A hundred words were unnecessary. With just one look, devoid of any pretense, Park Dae-ri’s character became clear. At this, Yu Ji-hyeong or Ryu Jung-min, who was sitting across from him, nearly gasped involuntarily.

‘You are truly bottomless.’

There was even a sense of admiration for the monster sitting in front of him.

‘How can you show such a dense gaze in such a short time? Exactly… how long have you been honing and polishing yourself alone?’

Whether as a top actor or as Yu Ji-hyeong, the current Park Dae-ri was worth admiring. Whether he was an enemy or an actor to be challenged, he was amazing. And Ryu Jung-min understood it because his opponent was Kang Woojin. No, he had no choice but to understand.

That must be a power unique to Kang Woojin.

He had seen it during script reading too. The highly detailed acting that swallows everyone as the character itself, exceeding liveliness, as if he brought the character to life. A versatility that surpasses the method. Unfortunately, Ryu Jung-min didn’t have those things.

Therefore,

‘Focus and look straight into his eyes.’

Ryu Jung-min steeled his resolve. He was in the middle of a silent and soundless war. Now, he couldn’t back down, especially since, as Yu Ji-hyeong, it was the picture he had painted.

‘Go for it.’

Yu Ji-hyeong looked straight into the bizarre eyes of Park Dae-ri. ‘I don’t care about those hollow eyes of yours, so go ahead and get angrier.’

“Ah.”

Yu Ji-hyeong chuckled after uttering the short word.

“Sorry, this isn’t trivial talk. I made a mistake.”

“……”

His tone was somewhere between mockery and sincere apology, but Park Dae-ri did not react much. For the first time, he recognized Yu Ji-hyeong, sitting on the other side, as an enemy.

Yeah, you’re a bit better. I guess you’re not a puppet.

Park Dae-ri curled up his lips.

“No, talking about my sister who committed suicide. You’re right; it’s trivial.”

There was silence for about 10 seconds. Both Yu Ji-hyeong and Park Dae-ri just looked at each other. The silence was broken by PD Song Man-woo, who suddenly got up. He shouted loudly.

“Cut!! Okay!!”

Thanks to that, Kang Woojin was startled.

‘I was startled, I almost yelled out, “Mom.”‘

Fortunately, he was able to maintain his composure. Unaware of this, PD Song Man-woo exclaimed,

“Great, that was nice! You both killed it!”

After throwing his megaphone aside, he ran straight to the investigation room set.

“What the hell? Both of you were grinding your teeth from the first cut??!”