Chapter 19 - Plot Twist (4)

One of the virtues necessary for an actor who stands at the crossroads of choice in each work was an eye for seeing the work. It’s often described as intuition or instinct, or a keen eye. Occasionally, there are actors who are quite successful in every work they do.

However, this is not something that improves with practice.

It was closer to a talent that one should have from the very beginning. The power of instinct that easily overthrows reason involved in an instant. If an actor possessed this, they were greatly blessed. Is it a character with severely collapsed balance?”

However, very few actors possessed this. It was reasonable to say there weren’t any recently.

Veteran drama PD Song Man-woo, who had been in the industry for more than a decade, also saw only a few. Then, suddenly, there appeared Kang Woojin in the entertainment world. Could this huge, eccentric monster really possess that intuition?

Soon, PD Song Man-woo asked the calm Woojin again, to make sure he understood.

“By intuition. You mean… you chose ‘Exorcism’ just… by intuition?”

Kang Woojin, in his chic demeanor, giggled inwardly in response to the repeated question. Why are they surprised? Is intuition such a strange thing? It’s a common word used everywhere, right? Being still unfamiliar with the entertainment industry, it was a natural question for him. He didn’t yet know how great ‘intuition’ is for an actor.

Anyway, since he already blurted it out, Kang Woojin embellished his words.

“The content of ‘Exorcism’ was good, but what moved me was intuition.”

“…Why? What kind of intuition is it? Do you think ‘Exorcism’ will do well?”

Again, a question was asked. At this point, Woojin put on a display of bravado. Well, whatever, the high rank of that void seemed like a hint for the future.

“Yes. It’s not like it won’t do well. I think ‘Exorcism’ will do well.”

“What kind of confidence is this…”

Woojin’s speech without a moment of hesitation was sincere. At least, PD Song Man-woo and writer Park Eun-mi, who saw Kang Woojin, felt so, and writer Park Eun-mi, who writes works where intuition works, wondered.

‘What on earth is the source of that conviction??’

Kang Woojin seemed suddenly alien. It’s not arrogance or audacity. He’s purely confident. At that time, writer Park Eun-mi took off her hairband and leaned towards Kang Woojin.

“Aren’t you being a bit reckless? This time is probably the most important for you, isn’t it?”

“Is it?”

Only writer Park Eun-mi was serious. Kang Woojin was the epitome of indifference. At this, she inwardly clicked her tongue.

‘This guy is… he’s crazy. Where in the world is there an actor like this!’

He was clearly a different from the actors usually seen around. On the other hand, PD Song Man-woo was relatively cool in judging Woojin.

‘His past is unclear. He honed his acting skills for several, perhaps more than ten years, and showed himself at the timing he wanted, under the pretext of a hobby.’

Moreover, Kang Woojin joined two works immediately after his appearance. A huge-drama and a short film.

‘Whatever the process. No rookie can show such crazy speed.’