Chapter 170 - Breaking (9)

At Kang Woojin’s indifferent greeting, Choi Sung-gun received it nonchalantly at first.

“Uh, hey. I’ll take care of······ huh?”

He paused.

“Hold on a moment.”

Then, he made eye contact with the cynical-faced Woojin.

“Woojin, what did you just say?”

“I said I look forward to working well together at Cannes next year.”

“…But Cannes is in September next year.”

“Yes.”

“And your contract ends in March next year.”

“That’s right.”

“So, that means- you, you’re saying you want to continue with me.”

Due to the completely unexpected nature of the statement, even Choi Sung-gun, who usually exuded ease and slyness, seemed quite taken aback. How should one put it, a feeling of disbelief yet pleasure? Regardless, Kang Woojin remained calm.

“Would you mind?”

“What! Mind!! No, but it’s just too sudden without any warning- I didn’t expect you to tell me directly.”

“I didn’t say it without thinking.”

“Of course. Still······ wow, it feels really touching.”

“Is that so?”

Woojin, who asked again, actually hadn’t gone through much of a lengthy contemplation.

‘Why is he so surprised? Wasn’t he somewhat expecting this?’

Forgetting that it was a one-year contract, imagine how much more surprised he could be. While the entertainment world was in chaos, Kang Woojin himself didn’t make much fuss about it.

Therefore, it was a straightforward conclusion and sincere.

However, the pebble casually thrown by Kang Woojin caused a big wave. To whom?

‘As expected, this guy isn’t good for the heart, bewitching people in strange ways.’

To Choi Sung-gun.

He felt infinite joy from Woojin’s nonchalant remark. He was moved. For him, who had been in the entertainment industry for a long time, it was a situation he was experiencing for the first time, and he thought that Woojin was certainly beyond unique.

“Haha, right. Tsundere. That’s exactly what you are.”

Choi Sung-gun, trying to contain his emotion, pulled up a folding chair nearby and gestured for the standing Kang Woojin to sit down.

“I guess I should just gratefully accept it- but you must have been contacted by a lot of agencies, both big and small, right?”

“Yes. More than ten. It’s still the same now.”

“Is it okay to decide so hastily? There’s still time until early next year.”

Watching Choi Sung-gun, Woojin thickened his act. He made his voice colder.

“There is time, but I think spending it on this is a waste. I’m also busy.”

This too was sincere. If it were a break period, he might consider meeting with them for the experience, but with back-to-back schedules from the moment he opens his eyes until he closes them, bothersome tasks were unwelcome.