Chapter 10 - Contract (2)

“…a, an appearance fee?”

The production manager across from the Song Man-woo PD frowned deeply at his response.

“Does a guy with an unclear portfolio deserve an appearance fee? It makes no sense to talk about an appearance fee from the beginning!”

The production manager suddenly grew angry. Of course, his reaction was natural. Moreover, he belonged to C-Blue Studio, a large domestic production company. From his perspective, Kang Woojin was no different from an ordinary person.

His past was very mysterious.

And a guy like that talks about an appearance fee before even starting? To the production manager, who had been involved in numerous productions, it was an outrageous behavior. He had never seen such an actor before. So, the production manager’s voice grew louder.

“No matter how unique this Kang Woojin is, it’s not acceptable. It shouldn’t be. This is just an speculation of yours, PD.”

“Well, that’s true, but-“

The heavyweight Song Man-woo PD also felt the same. The talk of raising an appearance fee was merely his speculation. However, this guy Kang Woojin was an oddball he had never seen before. How about his acting skills?

He could easily surpass even the top veterans with more than 10 years of experience.

On top of that, the serious atmosphere he exuded, his determination, and even his aura. A guy who appeared casually on ‘Super Actor’. Wouldn’t such a guy have the guts to negotiate an appearance fee from the beginning?

‘Even Writer Park clearly showed a liking for him.’

Not just writer Park Eunmi. Song Manwoo PD, Hong Hye-yeon, and everyone else who saw Kang Woojin in the conference room today were mesmerized by him. If he realized this, it was quite possible for him to negotiate an appearance fee.

In other words,

‘It’s my first time dealing with someone negotiating from the start, so it’s a bit tricky.’

Looking at the situation, Kang Woojin was currently in a advantageous position. Song Man-woo PD, who had his arms crossed and was deep in thought,

-Whoosh.

He turned his head toward writer Park Eunmi seated to his left. She, who had put on a headband at some point, was already looking at Song Man-woo PD. Her face was stern. Writer Park Eun-mi’s determination was firm.

“Whether it’s a guess or whatever, I don’t know.”

She declared succinctly.

“I’ll just say one thing, don’t skimp on the money.”

Her voice was heavy, almost chilling. Her short statement held many implications. Something like ‘Don’t miss out on him just to save money, or I won’t let it slide’?

Soon, Song Man-woo PD who shrugged his shoulders turned his gaze to the production manager.

“Director Lee, I want to live long, so shouldn’t we decide on Kang Woojin’s appearance fee, regardless of whether it’s speculation or not?”

The production manager heaved a long sigh.

“Ah- PD, writer. We have our production company’s standpoint too, right? There is also an industry standard. No matter how unique Kang Woojin is… rumors may spread throughout the entire industry.”

“I know, I understand. It’s quite a headache.”

Song Man-woo PD, who was recalling Kang Woojin’s face at this moment,, added,