Chapter 44 - Projection (2)

Inside the void space, Kang Woojin stroked his chin as he looked at the white rectangle of ‘Island of the Missing’.

“Aside from the fact that it’s a D, why is the completion rate so low?”

As far as he could think, there had only been one thing that had low completion rate.

“That partial script.”

The few pages of the partial script when he first encountered the void space. Assuming that the partial script had a low completion rate because they were only a few pages that had been taken from the existing script, so Director Kwon Ki-taek’s scenario was the opposite. Kang Woojin was slightly confused.

“What is this? Is it unfinished? – No, it’s not.”

Woojin, who had been muttering to himself, shook his head. It was unlikely that casting would be carried out with an incomplete script. Although Woojin had no knowledge of the entertainment industry, Woojin studied a bit when he had free time.

‘Casting actors is done from the middle of pre-production or something?’

Indeed, actors decide to appear after reading the completed scenario. Well, sometimes it’s done through connections, but that’s rare. No matter how close the relationship, business is business.

Besides,

‘Didn’t that director say he had already handed the script over to other actors?’

Director Kwon Ki-taek had said that he had already given the script to a few actors. Then it’s safe to assume that this ‘Island of the Missing’ script is complete. But the void space rated it as having a low completion rate. The grade was also poor.

‘It seems like the timing to look for an actor, but I’m pretty unknown, so they’ll probably give me a small role, right? And that’s because my acting is good, so I got this opportunity. But even if he’s a great master, this is a bit dubious’

Kang Woojin was in a dilemma. The renowned master Director Kwon Ki-taek had personally reached out to a unknown nobody like him. Woojin was slightly moved by his sincerity.

But if both the completion rate and grade are low, then…

Even Director Woo Hyun-goo’s work had a higher completion rate despite being F-grade. At this moment, Kang Woojin was heavily leaning towards refusal. Well, putting that aside for now.

-Swish.

After organizing his thoughts properly, Woojin looked up again and focused on the white rectangle.

-[3/Scenario (Title: Island of the Missing), D grade]

The title is ‘Island of the Missing’. It doesn’t seem like a calm story even to Woojin, who didn’t enjoy the content much. It feels somewhat like a thriller or action mixed in. Soon, Kang Woojin selected the white rectangle and skimmed through the roles that he could read.

“Lieutenant, Captain, Sergeant-”

There were words associated with the military in the roles. Is this a war movie then? No, that wasn’t certain. Not all movies with soldiers are war films. But one thing was for sure.

“Guns or killing stuff will be in it, right?”

He felt like there would be intense gunfights or at least rampant battles. If Woojin were to read this script, he would be dropped right into the middle of a fierce battle. Kang Woojin was a little scared.

Isn’t that so?

He’d often seen guns in the army, so they weren’t unfamiliar, but he had never experienced war or bloody battles. It might be different if it were just training.