Chapter 154 - Solo (1)

‘Drug Dealer’ officially premiered today, the 28th. And now, it was being shown to the world for the first time as a morning show. About 30 audience members filled the screening room, including Hwalin, all of them adults.

It couldn’t be helped.

After all, ‘The Drug Dealer’ was rated R. From the moment ‘Drug Dealer’ started, the audience’s expectations were high. From when the title, a rough mix of black and red, appeared on the screen to when the names of the leading actors were shown.

But above all, what captured the audience’s attention was.

-[And Kang Woojin]

When Kang Woojin’s name, who made a cameo appearance in ‘Drug Dealer’, flashed on the screen. He had been the source of numerous issues recently, but undoubtedly, the hit of ‘Male Friend’ played the biggest part. Most of the audience here had watched ‘Male Friend’.

This only heightened the anticipation and curiosity.

As soon as Kang Woojin’s name appeared, dozens of audience members, regardless of gender, whispered so softly.

“Kang Woojin’s name came up, he’s in a cameo but his name is first?”

“Maybe it’s because he’s so popular? Anyway, I’m curious. How Kang Woojin will appear here.”

“Will his image be similar to ‘Male Friend’? Maybe acting a bit rougher there?”

“He acts well, so he’ll probably at least hit average.”

The whispers mostly revolved around similar topics. How will cameo Kang Woojin appear? What kind of acting will he do? How different will it be from ‘Han In-ho’ in ‘Male Friend’? And also, what kind of mask he will present.

However, the audience’s interest soon shifted to the content of ‘Drug Dealer’.

‘Drug Dealer’ was stimulating and tense from the start. After the entrance of the protagonist ‘Jeong Seong-hoon’, played by Jin Jae-jun, ‘Drug Dealer’ maintained a gripping pace. Therefore, Hwalin and dozens of audience members fixed their eyes on the large screen.

But, as always with movies, there’s a need for pacing.

There are times when explanations are needed, and scenes where the world is unfolded through dialogue between characters. Constantly running can leave one breathless. In other words, ‘Drug Dealer’ also reached a moment when it slowed down.

Therefore.

-Swish.

The focused audience members began to fidget or distract themselves. The concentration dipped briefly. However, just when the audience’s interest seemed to wane, the background on the large screen changed abruptly, presenting a strange atmosphere and scenery. The pouring rain was just as abrupt.

Huh? Something’s different?

-♬♪

The music that played was majestic. Soon, as the audience’s focus slightly increased.

-Thud.

In the scene, a character with a cigarette in his mouth got out of the last of four parked sedans.

“Uh? Is that Kang Woojin?”

The first appearance of ‘Lee Sang-man’ with a cigarette in his mouth. Everything about the environment amplified his impact. The pouring rain, the gangsters in suits, the music echoing in the screening room, the vivid camera movements.