Chapter 6 - Concept (2)

Kang Woojin recalled Song Manwoo PD, whom he met yesterday on ‘Super Actor’ and who was currently on the phone.

‘There wasn’t anything particularly memorable about him, was there?’

The only thing that was somewhat clear was the fact that he had a beard? And that he was a big shot PD. Of course, the source of this part was his friend, Kim Daeyoung. Anyway, there were few reasons for big shot PD Song Manwoo to call Woojin.

No, it was okay to say there were none. But why did he call?

Then.

‘Ah.’

Something brushed past in Woojin’s mind for a moment. Is this a request to appear in the second round of ‘Super Actor’? He didn’t know the internal affairs of the variety show, but since Song Manwoo was a judge, there was a possibility.

‘It’s bothersome.’

The good thing was that Kang Woojin wasn’t currently feeling the embarrassment from yesterday. Because he knew that his acting was not trash. Soon, Woojin, who was slowly scratching his chin, cleared his throat softly.

‘First of all, it’s better to keep up the act.’

Then an extremely dry tone of voice popped out.

“I think you should tell me why first.”

PD Song Manwoo’s response on the other side of the phone was heard immediately.

“Ah, right.”

“I told you that I won’t appear in ‘Super Actor’. I told the main PD.”

“No, no, that’s different. Totally different.”

“Then what is it?”

“Hmm- it’s a little difficult to do over the phone. I’d prefer to do it face to face with you, Woojin. Would that be difficult?”

Wow, it’s a bit burdensome. As Kang Woojin murmured inwardly, PD Song Manwoo spoke again.

“You said you’re a designer, right? What time do you usually finish work? I imagine you have a lot of overtime because it’s the design field.”

“No, I recently quit my job.”

“······As expected.”

As expected? Why is he saying ‘as expected’ here? The answer to that also came from PD Song Manwoo.

“You’ve made up your mind, haven’t you?”

The meaning behind Song Manwoo PD’s words was whether he had decided to show his presence, but Kang Woojin was momentarily dumbfounded.

‘What resolution? What is this guy talking about by himself?’

He just couldn’t understand. It was thanks to the clear difference in positions, and Woojin maintained a dignified silence for the time being.

“······”

“So if you’ve quit your job, it wouldn’t be a problem to meet today, right?”

Correct answer. Kang Woojin is currently unemployed. He has time.

However.

‘It would seem a little uncool if I just accepted so readily.’

Kang Woojin casually maintained his persona.

“I’m only available at 4pm.”

On the other side of the phone, PD Song Manwoo eagerly answered.