Chapter 31 - Master (3)

“Okay, I got it. Just refuse… Huh? Wait a moment.”

Choi Sung-gun paused at Kang Woojin’s reply and whispered into his ear.

“Woojin, did you just say you’re refusing? I must have heard wrong?”

He wondered if he heard correctly. OOr it was denial of reality. Yeah, right? He must have heard wrong. But Kang Woojin was nonchalant. No? You heard right. Woojin repeated the same words in a low voice, emphasizing.

“Please refuse.”

“···!!”

For a moment, Choi Sung-gun’s eyes, behind his frameless glasses, widened. It was such an unexpected answer. But currently, Kang Woojin seemed very calm. Especially, his gaze was unshakeable.

“Ah, no, that’s not…”

Choi Sung-gun was a bit stunned looking at Woojin. Then, suddenly, he came to his senses. A freak, yes, that’s what Hong Hye-yeon said. Kang Woojin was such an unpredictable character. Choi Sung-gun first showed a smile to Chief Choi Do-min on the other side.

“Haha, Chief, just a moment.”

He leaned closer to Woojin next to him and whispered again.

“Refuse? But you only read a few scenes from the scenario, right? But what’s this about rejection?”

“I think it’s best not to attend the audition.”

“No way. No, Woojin, calm down for a moment.”

“I am calm.”

“Calm down more, more. Seriously? Are you really going to blow off this opportunity?? When Chief Choi Do-min is pushing so hard for you?”

Choi Sung-gun desperately tried to dissuade him, but Kang Woojin’s poker face remained unchanging.

“Yes. I will still refuse.”

He’s firm. It’s not a face of someone to be persuaded. There’s no room for negotiation. Looking at Woojin, who was so stubborn, Choi Sung-gun felt dizzy for a moment. But Choi Sung-gun he kept his cool as much as possible. Whatever the case, this was the headquarters of Box Movie.

It was right to maintain the relationship with sweet words for now.

Therefore, Choi Sung-gun.

“Ah- Chief Choi, haha.”

He turned his gaze from Woojin to Chief Choi Do-min across from him. A forced laugh was a bonus.

“Yes, yes, Woojin said the scenario is very good.”

“Really? Haha, of course, it’s Director Woo Hyun-goo’s work. But why is the CEO saying that?”

At the same time, Choi Sung-gun subtly jabbed Woojin’s side. ‘Ow, what? Ah, is it about matching the response?’ That was roughly the right answer. Regardless of refusal or anything else, it was a signal to maintain the image. Soon, Kang Woojin nodded calmly.

“I would like to continue reading the scenario.”

“That’s right, hahaha. But giving you the scenario right away is not right. If the auditioner knows the work first, it can look too favorable.”

Here, Choi Sung-gun chimed in.

“Exactly, of course. It’s a headache if the word gets out that we gave favors.”

He began to speak off-topic.

“Anyway, Director Woo Hyun-goo is amazing. I’ve never seen him rest; he’s going into his next work soon?”