Chapter 106 - Short Drama (6)

An unexpected affliction. Standing at the door of the reading room, Hwalin felt her heart pounding uncontrollably, being clearly flustered.

‘Seeing him up close right in front of me is more overwhelming than I imagined…’

It was about Kang Woojin’s acting. When she joined the short drama ‘Male Friend,’ she was nothing but excited. She was thrilled to be working on the same project as someone she was a fan of, not just as fellow actors or colleagues, but as a fan.

Of course, that was until today.

Her mindset had changed 180 degrees in this reading room. Woojin’s destructive power in portraying the character ‘Han In-ho’ right in front of her was tremendous.

‘I expected it, but I didn’t think I’d fall apart in just a few seconds.’

Her fangirling started with his acting, and Hwalin, having watched Kang Woojin’s performances, had come prepared. However, she crumbled helplessly under the weight of his gaze. And why wouldn’t she? No matter how much of a devoted fan she was, how could she resist those melodramatic eyes? Moreover, Woojin’s acting was beyond vivid.

‘I swear I just saw the scenery around me turn into a cherry blossom viewing festival for a moment.’

At that moment, Hwalin was not a top singer or actress at the peak of popularity, but rather just a fragile girl who had experienced ‘becoming a devoted fan.’ She had never been in this situation since her debut in the entertainment industry, and she didn’t know what to do. She was unfamiliar with ‘fangirling,’ and ‘being a devoted fan’ had happened too quickly.

Then, Hwalin,

-Swish.

While sweeping her long hair back, she softly tapped her quivering heart.

‘If I’m like this with just a look, how can I handle a kiss scene?’

She was questioning herself. Moreover, it wasn’t just any scene; it was an intense kiss scene. Her feelings now were drastically different from when she heard Director Shin Dong-chun’s explanation earlier. The difficulty had skyrocketed by dozens of levels.

For a moment, Hwalin felt weak.

‘Would it be okay to suggest we go a bit easy on the shooting day?’

But she soon toughened up.

‘No, the more frightening it is, the stronger I must be.’

Hwalin had faced numerous hardships since her debut as a girl group member. If she learned anything from those experiences, it was that she needed to confront her fears more strongly.

Moreover.

‘I’d rather die than be a burden to Woojin.’

Hwalin only wanted to show her best side to Kang Woojin. She didn’t like herself being weak. That’s right, she could do it. She was an actress, too. It would be tough, but she would push through with equal force. Hwalin steadily collected the pieces of her shattered heart.

That’s when it happened.

-Slide.

The glass door of the reading room smoothly opened, nudging Hwalin’s back slightly. Startled, Hwalin turned around and gasped.

“Ah.”

Because Kang Woojin, with his indifferent expression, had emerged. Soon, Hwalin began to control her expression, and Woojin spoke to her in a low voice.