Chapter 45 - Projection (3)

Kang Woojin, who had checked the message from Director Shin Dong-chun, was slightly surprised. Of course, inwardly.
‘They’ve already chosen the finalists? That was quick.’

His heart was pounding a bit.

‘So, am I really going to a film festival? Wow- I’ve only seen that on TV at the end of the year. Me, doing that?’

Of course, there would be a difference from the large film festivals that Woojin had seen, such as the Blue Dragon or the SBS Drama Awards, but for Kang Woojin, a ordinary citizen, it was just fascinating regardless of the scale. He was slowly realizing that his life was changing dramatically.

At that moment.

-♬♪

Choi Sung-gun, who was sitting in the passenger seat, had his phone rang, and while he was checking Kang Woojin’s schedule in his diary, he confirmed the caller.”

“Director Shin?”

Choi Sung-gun then matched his gaze with Kang Woojin in the rearview mirror and put his cell phone to his ear.

“Yes, Director.”

Immediately, the excited voice of Director Shin Dong-chun came in.

“CEO Choi, our ‘Exorcism’ has been selected for the main competition! I just got a call from the committee.”

“Oh, really? Just now?”

“Yes! Our submission is confirmed, and I also sent a message to Woojin as well. I thought he might be filming.”

“Ah- we are on the move right now.”

Choi Sung-gun’s voice got a little louder, infected with excitement.

“Wow- Isn’t this incredibly fast? I honestly thought the announcement for the finalists would take longer? Were there surprisingly few submissions?”

“I don’t think so. The committee didn’t say exactly, but from what they let slip, it seems like it increased about 30% from last year. Probably more than 1000 works.”

“But to be this quick…”

As Choi Sung-gun trailed off, his brain spun quickly, and he came up with an answer.

“Apart from the work being good, I think they contacted us right away because of the unexpected participation of Hye-yeon. They usually announce the main works all at once in one day, right?”

“I also think that’s highly likely. It seems like they’ve contacted potentially high-profile works quickly, separately, to show their regard.”

Having reached the B team’s shooting site while talking with Director Shin Dong-Chun, Choi Sung-gun wrapped up the call.

“Okay, I understand, Director. We will also prepare well according to the schedule, yes, yes.”

As the head of bw Entertainment hung up, Han Ye-jung, who was sitting next to Kang Woojin, moved closer to the passenger seat.

“Wow- ‘Exorcism’ made it into the main competition?”

“Yes, it did!”

“Wow.”

Even the usually chilly Han Ye-jung seemed quite surprised as she looked at the cynical Woojin with admiration.

“Bro, you’re going to a film festival just two months after starting acting?”

For some reason, Choi Sung-gun answered for him.

“He’s only been here for two months domestically. Woojin, have you, by any chance, already experienced a film festival somewhere else?”