Chapter 134 - Backer (2)

The eyes of the chief secretary sitting in the passenger seat widened slightly. It was more out of curiosity than shock. She cautiously asked Chairman Hideki Yoshimura, who was seated behind her, in Japanese.

“Sir, but I’d like to confirm once more. You’re talking about the Korean rookie actor Kang Woojin, right?”

“Yes.”

“……”

Receiving no further response, Chairman Hideki, who had been reading a newspaper, turned his gaze to the secretary.

“Is it too sudden for you to comprehend?”

“…No, it’s just a bit unexpected.”

“That’s understandable.”

The chairman, who had been smiling gently, lowered his gaze back to the newspaper, but he added in a relaxed tone,

“But you just need to do as told. Sometimes, curiosity can be poisonous.”

The chief secretary, her face tense with anxiety, turned and bowed her head immediately.

“Yes, yes. I understand. Should I check the details thoroughly?”

Chairman Hideki, stroking his chin, shook his head at her question.

“No. Just the basics will do – his recent activities and information about his agency and works. That should be enough.”

Later.

Although Kang Woojin and Hwalin had returned to Korea, the aftermath of their schedule in Japan was significant. Especially from the Japanese side.

『「Kang Woojin, Hwalin」Spotted at the airport』

『「Kang Woojin & Hwalin’s」arrival drew more than 500 people to the airport / Entertainment News』

The scene at the airport, which had been turned upside down from their arrival, and the incredible crowd that had gathered, were enough to stir the Japanese media.

『「Kang Woojin」 waves to excited Japanese fans, more nonchalant than expected』

It was exceptionally boisterous, considering the arrival of a foreign actor, not one of their own. Even with Hwalin by his side, the fuss was undeniable.

However, the Japanese media, unlike at the beginning, also frequently published articles from a negative perspective.

『「Fuss over a Korean rookie actor – what’s the big deal?」 The voice of opposition to Kang Woojin grows louder』

Articles following the initial shock and sensation naturally tended to be more negative than positive. It was a typical scene, the same in Korea.

Nonetheless.

『「Kang Woojin」, handpicked by Director Kyotaro Tanoguchi – what’s next for his schedule in Japan?』

Japanese media focused on publishing as much as possible on the hottest news. The themes were either similar or updated on the ongoing issues.

『One million subscribers in just a week? ‘Kang Woojin’s’ rising popularity in Korea and Japan』

『Numerous fans flock to the event with ‘Netflix Japan’ and ‘Kang Woojin, Hwalin’』

A multitude of photos were spread through the articles, some taken by reporters and others sourced from the mobile phones of the Japanese public. Naturally, this wasn’t limited to Japanese media but had also spread across SNS and online communities.