Chapter 137 - Backer (5)

Inside the van, PD Song Man-woo, who had just recited the protagonist’s occupation as a chef, added more explanation.

“If you read the synopsis a bit more, you’ll understand, but is it- precisely, a chef who used to be successful in the past but is now fallen?”

“Is it about him making a comeback?”

“It seems likely to go that way. Of course, there could be some deviations.”

Kang Woojin slowly nodded his head and refocused his attention on the synopsis. Initially uncertain when he saw cooking mentioned from the first line, hearing PD Song Man-woo’s words just now had convinced Woojin.

‘A chef, huh- I can’t remember the title, but wasn’t there a hit chef drama before?’

Usually, a synopsis includes a simple overall plot, outline, planning, writing intentions, and characters. The synopsis Woojin was looking at now was no different.

‘Chefs are indeed cool, especially when they’re chopping.’

Kang Woojin secretly recalled a video he had watched on Youtube. It was a chef YouTuber with a hidden face, but Woojin had watched several of his videos, mesmerized by his brilliant knife skills. He had even tried some of the recipes shown in those videos.

Anyway.

-Flip.

Kang Woojin cynically flipped to the next page of the synopsis and let out a short sigh internally.

The reason was simple.

‘Well, there’s a lot in it, but to be honest, to me, a synopsis is just a piece of paper.’

Unfortunately, unlike drama or movie scripts, synopses didn’t have black squares appearing on them. There were no portals to the void space. The two project synopses in Woojin’s hand had nothing attached to them. They were just ordinary thin stacks of paper.

It had always been like that.

A few pages of a script would trigger a portal to the void space, but no matter how long, a synopsis never had a black square attached. Well, that’s to be expected, right? After all, a synopsis is just a condensed PPT of the project.

It was full of explanations with not a single line of dialogue.

While other actors usually read synopses thoroughly for selecting their works, Kang Woojin didn’t find much excitement in them. However, he pretended to read anyway.

Out of the blue.

‘…But if I check the script of this chef-centered drama, could I gain chef abilities?’

A faint sense of expectation rose in Kang Woojin. It seemed quite possible with the void space. After all, it had instantly granted him vocal skills and various languages in an instant.

‘Cooking skills? Or knowledge? I’m not sure what abilities will be imprinted. But isn’t anything possible?’

The always unpredictable void space could have a twist, but the possibility was very high. At this moment, if he gained chef-related abilities, he thought of several uses.

‘The first thing that comes to mind is ‘Our Dining Table’.’

A mega-variety show prepared by PD Yoon Byung-seon, a big name in the entertainment industry, where many top stars including Kang Woojin were expected to participate. ‘Our Dining Table’ was also essentially about ‘cooking’. Besides, such skills would be handy in real life too.