Chapter 56 - Torrent (1)

The latter half part of ‘Profiler Hanryang’, was set in the year 2010. Park Dae-ri appeared in the background of a scene, following the discovery of a body in the mountains. The method of murder matched with that of an unsolved serial killer from the past.

The world was turned upside down, but Park Dae-ri was calm.

The direction was also outstanding. It was fast-paced for about 45 minutes, but when the scene switched to Park Dae-ri, it had a slow and cozy feeling.

A quiet park.

From the very first scene, Park Dae-ri was shown in a close-up shot that filled up his face. Thanks to this, his face filled the TV screen. If you know this unknown actor’s face, you’d have to be a fool not to recognize him.

Thanks to that.

“…That crazy bastard.”

Kim Dae-young’s reaction, as if his eyes were about to pop out, wasn’t strange. Why? Because his friend, who had participated in a short film festival a few days ago, was now appearing in the major drama ‘Profiler Hanryang’.

Kim Dae-young’s eyes got bigger and bigger as he recalled the day he chased after Kang Woojin.

“Was this the next work you were talking about??!”

There was no talk that the drama he was filming would come out so quickly, let alone being the most anticipated work of the first half of the year?! Kim Dae-young’s shout surprised his colleagues again.

“What’s happened?! Why, really?! Ah, You startled me.”

“Why so surprised? Dae-young! What’s wrong? Why are you acting like this?”

Kim Dae-young, who was a bit stunned by the questions from his colleagues mixed with worry and bewilderment.

“No….That’s my….”

He shut his mouth mid-sentence. The complete sentence was ‘That’s my friend’, but he remembered Kang Woojin had told him to keep his mouth shut for a while. Still, the shock remained.

‘Ah, you bastard! Do it all at once. What the heck is this, a surprise attack?!’

Kim Dae-young was already surprised that Kang Woojin had appeared on ‘Exorcism’. But now, his friend, who had become an actor overnight, was appearing in a drama.

And moreover.

‘The amount of screen time and angle cuts are exactly like a supporting role, right? He entered his first drama as a supporting actor?’

It seemed like Park Dae-ri was not a minor role.

Thanks to this, he…

“……”

Without responding to his colleagues’ questions, he just stared blankly at the TV, and his colleagues who were tilting their heads turned their gaze to the TV.

Park Dae-ri’s angle was shown from various perspectives.

From smiling to expressionless. That brief moment was quickly interchanged with frontal and side views. The depth increased. It was clear to anyone. That his face was masked with a fake expression.

[“……”]

There was no dialogue. Park Dae-ri in the quiet park just looked ahead. Park Dae-ri’s face filled the entire TV screen. Then, the corners of his mouth twitched and returned to being expressionless. The change in expression was strangely eerie. Soon after, Park Dae-ri’s mouth corners lifted slightly again. But it didn’t last long. Back to expressionless again.