Chapter 33 - Master (5)

On the 20th, in front of Kang Woojin’s studio apartment.

Late in the morning, in slightly warm weather, Kang Woojin, wearing a grey sweatshirt, came out of his apartment building. In front of him, a familiar black van was parked.

At the same time.

“Woojin!”

Choi Sung-gun, having spotted Kang Woojin, got out of the van and laughed heartily.

“Good morning, get in!”

He opened the passenger door with a joyful expression. Kang Woojin also went along with his mood. Of course, only inwardly. He was reminded of the English he had learned a few days ago.

‘Yes, it’s a great morning.’

Woojin greeted Choi Sung-gun with a voice colder than his feelings.

“Hello, CEO.”

After Woojin got in, Choi Sung-gun took the driver’s seat and the car started moving. Choi Sung-gun glanced at Woojin in the passenger seat as he drove out of the alleyway.

‘Why does he seem cooler today? Did something bad happen yesterday?’

No, that was not the case. At that moment, the expressionless Kang Woojin was lost in trivial thoughts.

‘I’m hungry. Should I eat breakfast? Suddenly I crave cold noodles. And pork cutlet.’

Choi Sung-gun, who couldn’t possibly know this, let out a small sigh. The character Hong Hye-yeon, whom he had been managing for a long time, was far from ordinary, but Kang Woojin was several levels higher. This was the crazy person who refused director Woo Hyun-goo.

‘Why do only crazy people gather around me?’

But then again, these crazies had outstanding abilities. Accepting his life as it was, Choi Sung-gun initiated the conversation with a smile.

“Woojin, did you get the call about the first filming of ‘Profiler Hanryang’? They said it’s on the 25th.”

“Yes, I received it.”

“I’m arranging things accordingly, and although it’s not confirmed according to PD Song, it seems like they will shoot Ryu Jung-min and Park Dae-ri’s scene first.”

At this point, Woojin’s heart started to flutter.

After the warm-up of ‘Exorcism’, it was now the real deal. The filming won’t be short like ‘Exorcism’. In other words, he would need to maintain a steady performance throughout the filming. It was nerve-wracking. Regardless, Choi Sung-gun nonchalantly continued.

“You don’t seem like the type to get nervous, Woojin. Just prepare thoroughly for the shooting over the next five days. Do you need anything?”

“Not yet.”

“Okay. And today, we’ll start by taking profile pictures.”

Ah, profile pictures. Striking poses for them? Kang Woojin had seen it somewhere. A bit of shame washed over him. No, it was closer to embarrassment.

‘I’ve never done that before. How do you do that?’

He was always awkward when taking ID photos.

But it must be similar to acting, right? You can do anything if you try. Woojin managed to hide his feeble shame and spoke softly to Choi Sung-gun who just turned the steering wheel to the right.

“CEO, you can speak casually¹ to me.”

I’m uncomfortable with polite speech. As if he had heard Woojin’s inner thoughts, Choi Sung-gun nodded and spoke.