Chapter 186 - United States (1)

A man checking the dashcam footage on his phone was wondering what exactly this was. He had replayed the same video more than three times and was still not tired of it. It was that novel of a scene.

Beyond novel, it was miraculous.

“Wow- this isn’t staged, right?”

Each time he checked, it had always been just cars passing by or people walking past. But suddenly, it contained action movie scenes, making his eyes widen. Then, the smart-looking man checked the beginning and end of the video he was watching.

-Swish.

“Wow, crazy.”

His eyes grew even wider. The reason was simple. Some crazy guy with a weapon attacking a woman, or being subdued and then arrested by the police, could be seen. Despite it being late, the man forgot about going home and focused on his phone screen.

‘No, if it was such a big incident, it would have been all over the internet by now, right?’

The man speculated that this incident must have been reported in the news.

Then.

“Uh? Wait a second.”

He focused on the woman in the video who was attacked. The victim. When she was a bit far away, her face was slightly ambiguous. However, as he watched the part where she was helped by other women and passed in front of the car, the man was certain.

“This is… Hwalin.”

The woman who was attacked was the very famous Hwalin from ‘Elani’. A celebrity? Wait, then? The man meticulously reviewed the videos again. Soon, he recognized the handsome man who subdued the assailant in an instant.

“Is, is this Kang Woojin?? This is Kang Woojin, right?”

He was someone who had no interest in male celebrities, but he couldn’t not know Kang Woojin’s face. He had recently watched ‘Drug Dealer’ with his wife, and Kang Woojin was such a hot topic.

Was that Kang Woojin subduing the assailant?

The man replaying the cut where the man in the video, presumed to be Kang Woojin, was subduing the assailant. Realizing the man in the video was the actor Kang Woojin made it all the more like a movie.

‘So cool, what the heck. So Kang Woo-jin saved Hwa-rin, is that it?’

This was definitely a big deal. There’s no way it hadn’t spread on the internet. Given the fame of Hwalin and Kang Woojin and the fantastic storytelling, it was bound to. The man closed the dashcam app and quickly accessed a search engine.

The search term was Hwalin.

Just as expected.

“Right, it’s out there.”

Searching for Hwalin brought up news articles about the incident captured by the dashcam exploding online.

『[Breaking News] Elani’s ‘Hwalin’, Attacked by a Strange Assailant』

It was chaos. Not just articles, but Youtube videos, forums, blogs, SNS, were all flooded. The comments section was overflowing too. It was indeed a shocking incident. The man spent a few minutes grasping the flow.

“The dashcam footage was from yesterday… So, when did this incident become known to the public, roughly a few hours ago?”

He felt odd. An incident captured on his car’s dashcam was shaking the world.

That was when.

“Hm? What’s this?”

As he was browsing through the articles, the man felt something off.