³.¹⁸the chitauri

┍━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┑

𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟒
𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐘𝐎𝐑𝐊

┕━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┙

━ ATHENA RAN ALONG SIDE THE THREE AVENGERS. Their jet had a wing blasted off by none other than the god man himself, causing it to malfunction and be of no use. Surrounding them were destroyed cars, fire and rubble everywhere. There was smoke and people trying to run away from the scene.

"We've got to get up there!" Steve yelled, referring to the top of the Avengers tower. Erik Selvig, an astrophysicist who worked with SHIELD, was mind controlled by Loki and had helped cause the massive portal in the sky that now have many alien-like creatures leaving it.

"I can try teleport us there." Athena suggested, her head tilted up to see the tower.

"No, you'll waste too much of your energy doing that." Natasha answered.

"Okay, so what do we do- what in the name of Merlin's left ball..." The young girl murmured the last part as a gigantic, robot-like eel exited the portal. As it passed them, shots were fired from its side causing them to take cover. More of the alien creatures left the portal in their own flying vehicles, landing on the ground.

The alien creatures - that Thor had called them the Chitauri before - were also coming out of the portal. The creatures landed at the ground, shooting at the people. One of these people were the Avengers - obviously. The super soldier had said something, but Athena was too occupied shooting at the creatures and ducking from them. Next thing she knew, the man had left them and her and Nat were shooting at the creatures.

"Athena! Get the people out of that bus over there!" Clint yelled, pointing at the yellow school bus filled with children. The Black immediately obliged and ran to the bus. From the looks of the muggle children inside, she guessed they were around thirteen or fourteen. My age, this shouldn't be hard.

She made her way to the door, but it was blocked by a car that was flipped to the side. Thinking of another way, she ran to the back to see if there was an exit. And there was. Only, it was jammed. She tried pulling the handle open but it wouldn't budge. There probably was another option, but what she chose to do was break the back window glass.

Motioning the kids in the back to move away, she used her elbow to break the glass. As it was her bare skin that broke the glass, her elbow was scratched and blood escaped the wound. "Alright that's going to leave a mark, let's hope Steve doesn't see this." The girl whispered to herself. Noticing the panicked looks on the muggles faces, her hands were motioned for them to calm down. "Hey hey hey- calm down, screaming isn't going to get you out of here."

"Who are you?" A boy yelled out, obviously scared.

"Does that really matter right now?" Athena replied, now shaking the handle from the inside. "Oh screw it. You all might want to move back." As they listened to her, she took out her gun and shot the handle three times. The lock broke, and the door was now open. "Should've done that earlier." She told herself. She looked towards the driver, and another man- who she guessed was a teacher. "Now I want you guys to find a way underground. Maybe those subways or whatever you call it."

The two nodded, not bothering to question her as she helped them. Athena hopped down from the step and they started exiting the bus. She used her gun to shoot the Chitauri that were closing to them.