⁶.⁹the core

highly unrelated (i'm just dirty minded), but i'm editing this chap rn the title number is literally 6

highly unrelated (i'm just dirty minded), but i'm editing this chap rn the title number is literally 6.9 and the title chap is the core

9 and the title chap is the core

1996
SOKOVIA

Athena was in a terrible spot.

After making sure that the civilians she had crossed paths with were safe, she had gone off to a spot without many buildings, which was a terrible idea seeing as it was where the robots started to appear more frequently.

So, as she dodged a blast thrown at her, she faced the robot, using her gun and shooting at it. Dead.

Another one came. Dead.

Two more. Dead.

Three more. Dead.

It seemed as if every time she had killed off a robot, one more would come, making it harder for the girl. Running out of ammo on her gun, she threw it to the side, grabbing her other one. "I'm a bloody witch yet I can't use those fucking defense spells Harry taught me. Stupid fucking Ministry of Magic keeping a trace on my wand."

More and more robots started attacking her, the girl struggling as she fought each. As one managed to throw a sharp punch at her rib, she knelt down, clutching the bruise. Fuck, that's going to leave a mark.

"Hey guys, is it- alright if I throw a grenade?" The girl asked through her ear piece. Standing up and ignoring the pain as she does so.

"What? For what?" Tony asked.

"Oh I don't-" She grunted, kicking high as she aimed at the metal head, retracating her foot while the robot shut down. "-know. For fun? I'm really bored right now an-"

"Now's not the time to be sarcastic Athena."

"Then don't ask stupid questions!" She snapped. "Er- sorry. I'm in a rough situation right now and these robots are really sticking their metal head up my ars-"

"Just make sure that there are no civilians near the area." Steve's voice interrupted her before she could continue. "Other than that, blow them to hell."