⁵.¹queens

┍━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┑

𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟓
𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐓𝐎𝐖𝐄𝐑

┕━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┙

━"YOU HAVE TO GO WITH SOMEONE." Tony finalised, walking away from the girl.

"But I'm fifteen!" Athena reasoned, following her uncle as he walked through the common area of the Avengers Tower. "I'm just going out to the shops!"

Tony sighed. "Fi, I don't know if you're forgetting, but New York is different from London."

"Uncle Tony, I don't know if you're forgetting, but I literally helped you guys fight in an alien attack." The teen deadpanned, staring blankly at her uncle.

Tony was quiet for a few seconds, until clicking his tongue. "Fair point. But your dad said not to let you out of the tower, especially with that bald, noseless alien around."

"I have powers Uncle Tony, I'll be able to get away from him easily. Besides, how would he be in New York right now? As far as everyone knows, moldy-voldy doesn't really plan to overthrow America, or any other country as of the moment."

He then thought about it for a while, then took out a small advanced phone and a card from his pocket, handing it to the girl. "Fine. There's a phone to call me if needed, cash in that card - don't spend too much money - and be safe. Only use your powers if needed. And I mean if you need it for emergencies."

Athena grinned widely, taking the card and phone and hugging Tony tightly. "Thank you!! I won't die out there, promise!"

"Yeah of course you won't- wait what!" The girl took off before replying to Tony, leaving a confused yet frantic Tony standing in the room.

Athena had wanted to go out beyond the tower for a while now. She's been out in the streets of New York before, but never by herself, and never just for fun. She's normally with her uncles or aunt, or with Happy. But now she had the freedom to do so, with the peace and comfort of only herself.

As she exited the tower, she had immediately faced a whole bunch of cars driving and passing, along with many people walking and talking. "Alright, where to first..."

The girl had ventured the city that day. Walking to shops, trying out different food from stores, and just walking to different places. Right now, she had one or two bags of clothing, the same amount of bags full of cool items and accessories she saw on shop windows.

Somehow, the girl got carried away with walking, and found herself in the streets of Queens. "Alright, I definitely should've at least gotten a tour guide... I have no clue where I'm going."

Walking further, she was able to find a 7-Eleven, and walked in. The small convenience store didn't have many people in it, only the casier and two boys, around the ages 14 or 15. She stalked towards the slurpee area, wanting a drink.

However, she found herself not knowing how to use the machine. She looked towards the two boys, who were not so far from her. She made her way to the two, switching her bags to one hand. "Hey, hope I'm not interrupting you guys but... can you tell me how to use that drinks machine?"

"The slurpee machine?" Asked the one with darker hair. Athena nodded. "Yeah, no biggie. Pete, stay here."

The guy got up, Athena following him as he went to the machine. "Thank you, I've never been here before..."

"You've never been to a 7-Eleven? Or New York?" He asked her, noticing her accent. "Do you want a large, medium or small?"

"I'll get a large." Athena answered. "And yes, 7-Eleven. My uncle doesn't really let me out of our place, let alone this far."