⁷.¹²earfuls

1998

1998

Harry got an earful from Athena on why you shouldn't swim in a freezing lake during the cold-ass night. Hell, Athena even promised Harry that after this whole war, she's going to write a thousand word essay on why you shouldn't do so.

That was before Athena saw Godric Gryffindor's sword in Ron's hand. "Holy shit..." The girl whispered, walking towards Ron as Harry finished putting on his shirt. She reached out for the sword, in awe as she checked it out. She turned her head to Harry. "This is what made you dive in there?"

Harry nodded.

Athena gripped the sword by its handle, holding it like a swordsman as she made a slice in front of Harry. The boy stepped back clumsily, missing the tip of the sword. "Fucking wanker... Coulda just broke the ice and said 'Accio Sword of Gryffindor' but noOoO~ had to bloody swim in the water..."

Harry scoffed, however didn't say anything. Athena then looked at Ron, handing him the sword. As Ron grabbed it, the Black walked towards Harry, removing the locket from his neck.

"Well," Athena exclaimed, placing the locket on the log. "Ron, it's your job to break this horcrux. Harry, wrap yourself in a towel. You're gonna turn into a grape."

Ron's eyes widened, whilst Harry made his way to the towel on the other log with no hesitation. Ron looked over to Athena, who stood there waiting for Ron to do his job. "What? Why me? I can't handle its energy! It affects me more than it affects all of you guys."

Athena scoffed as Harry stood beside her, towel wrapped around his shoulders warmly. "That gives you all the more reason too."

Athena nodded at Harry's reply, Ron continuing to protest. "Ron stop being a pussy and slice that piece of a knob."

"Ron, what gave you the reason to come back?" Harry asked, leaving the said Weasley to ponder over his thoughts. Athena mentally applauded the Potter, who started walking closer to the locket. "Now, I need to speak in Parseltongue in order for it to open up, but after that, don't hesitate. I don't know what's inside there, but don't hesitate. The bit of Riddle in that diary tried to kill me."

"Right."

"One..." Ron took a breath in.

"Two..." Ron slowly raised the sword in the air, holding it above his head.

"Three..." Then Harry began to speak in Parseltongue, an obvious unlocking noise heard before the item opened, and a large force blew them back, causing them to collapse onto the floor.

Athena panted as she moved back onto the floor, eyes wide as saucers as she stared at the gigantic foggish veil (that formed to look like a skull head that wants to bite) coming from the locket. Loud roars escaped the item, and Athena could feel a large presence of dark energy in front of her. "Holy shit..."

✎✎✎

It was dawn when the monster from the horcrux had been demolished, but Athena's eyes were still wide. All in the span of an hour, she saw Harry swimming in a frozen lake - almost drowning, the Sword of Gryffindor, a monster, half (as in literally half their bodies) Harry and Hermione making out aggressively, and Ron killing the monster. Eventful, huh?

As she was still processing those events, she didn't realise that they'd already made it to where Harry and Hermione set up the tent. "Is everything alright?"

Athena looked up, and her eyes had gone back to normal, smiling upon seeing her friend. "Hermione my lovely! I've come back!"

The Black practically threw her arms around Hermione's shoulders, hugging her tightly as she hadn't seen her in a while. Hermione hugged her back, before pulling away. "Wait if you're back, that means..."

Hermione looked up, eyes laying upon Ron standing there, a smile on his face. "Hey."

Athena winced at this, making the face as she knew what was expected after their interaction. "Ooh... righttt, good luck Ronald."

Hermione stomped over to the boy, taking his bag from him. "You..." She hit Ron with the bag, "complete..." she grabbed some dirt from the ground, throwing it at him harshly, "ass, Ronald Weasley." She pushed him back.

Athena covered her mouth, holding back a laugh. Harry's eyes widened.

"You show up here after weeks, and you say 'hey'?!" Hermione was in disbelief.

"Wait Athena was with me, how come you don't harass her?" Ron pointed out, hand aiming at Athena.

"Don't include me in your problems Ron. I had a reason for going with you." Athena narrowed her eyes on the boy

Hermione then turned to Harry, walking towards him. "Where's my wand, Harry? Where's my wand?"

"I-I don't know!" Harry backed up, backing up into a tree as Hermione neared him.

"Harry Potter, you give me my wand!"

"I don't have it!"

The situation was very serious, yet Athena couldn't help but let out her laughs. I mean, look at the situation from her perspective. Two boys, who had both destroyed a horcrux, were both scared of Hermione.

Said girl then turned to Athena, glaring at her as if telling her to shut up. She then understood why both boys were scared, her mind calling her idiotic names as to why she didn't remember.

 She then understood why both boys were scared, her mind calling her idiotic names as to why she didn't remember