¹.⁸mirror of erised

┍━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┑

𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟏
𝐇𝐎𝐆𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐒

┕━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┙

━ "NONSENCE. WHY WOULD SNAPE PUT A CURSE ON HARRY'S BROOM?" Hagrid asked the four first years walking with him.

"Who knows? Why's he trying to get past the three-headed dog on Halloween?" Harry shot back.

"Who told you about Fluffy?" Hagrid looked at them, eyes widened in surprise.

"He has a name!?" Athena asked excitedly, a large smile on her face. Said-girl loves animals, or at least finds them very fascinating. Whether it's a dangerous one, or a completely harmless one, she'll try to go near it and befriend it.

"Of course he does, he's mine. Got him off a fellow at the pub last year." Hagrid slipped out. "Lent him to Dumbledore to protect the-"

"Yes?" Harry cut him off eagerly. Athena hit him in return as Hagrid was about to say it, if it wasn't for Harry.

"Shouldn't have said that." Hagrid immediately stopped himself, "No more questions! No one ask any more questions. This is top secret."

"But Hagrid, whatever Fluffy is guarding, Snape's trying to steal it-"

"Codswallop!" Hagrid cut them off." Professor Snape is a Hogwarts teacher-"

"Hogwarts teacher or not, I know a spell when I see one. I've read all about them. You've got to keep eye contact and Snape wasn't blinking." Hermione looked at Hagrid.

"Exactly." Harry joined in. Athena wasn't really paying attention to what her friends were saying. They were on the topic of Snape stealing something on something on Halloween night. But things wouldn't just click. Why would Snape try and harm Harry, let alone steal something a three-headed dog is guarding.

"Now listen you four. You are meddling with things that aren't to be meddled with. What that dog is guarding is strictly between Professor Dumbledore and Nicolas Flamel."

Athena looked up at Hagrid. "Nicolas Flamel?"

Hagrid's eyes widened. "I shouldn't have said that. I should not have said that." He walked away, muttering the same thing over and over again as the four was left there dumbfounded.

───── ❦ ─────

The four first-years were now walking around the library, looking for any books that has to do with Nicolas Flamel. Athena was whining as she followed Hermione. Ron and Harry were at the other side of the library looking for the same thing. "'Mione we've been searching for hours." Athena whined again.

"Oh stop exaggerating. It's only been an hour." Hermione told the girl as she passed by different books.

"ONE FULL HOUR! SIXTY MINUTES-"

"SHH!" Athena was shushed by the librarian, Madam Pince, as she sent glaring eyes at the two.

"Look Hermione we've searched this whole area. Probably the whole library. Why don't we just try again tomorrow for anything we missed." The dark-brown headed girl looked at the other girl.

"Fine. Just one more section though. And I need you, specifically, to do this."

"Why can't you do it? Or come with me?"