⁷.²⁰aberfoth

1998

1998

Death reeked the castle.

Walls were broken, fire was spotted everywhere, blood here and there, the usual scene of a war.

She was running. She didn't know what her destination was, but it was definitely away from here. She'd participated in wars before, but this may be the worse one yet. The feeling of a blast being thrown at her passed her, missing her. She turned around, seeing three death eaters on her tail.

She threw a spell back to them, causing to them to pause in their movements as they were blasted back. She continued running.

She knew that she shouldn't have been running, as being the person to flight in a fight or flight situation never really ended up well, but she had no choice.

The sounds of blasts filled her ears, screaming blending in with the noise as rumbling was heard here and there.

She didn't know where the other three were, nor what she was doing, but her body surely did.

It was like her mind was paralysed, and her body was the one taking action.

Passing a shattered mirror in the hallway, she paused. She turned, looking at the figure in the cracked frame. Why... was she crying?

The sound of a roar distracted her, attracting her attention as she ran towards the sound. There, sat a friend of hers cornered, elbow over his eyes as he braced himself. Before him was a large fire, soon to engulf the boy.

Her eyes widened, running towards him as an attempt to save him.

Athena's eyes shot wide open. She didn't need to know whether that was a vision or a dream. It was obvious. What made it worse, was that it was the night they were going back to Hogwarts.

She decided to get a power nap to fill her energy levels before they go, seeing as they're in for one hell of a night, as well as to ease her stress. However, what she had just visioned only added up to that stress.

She knew that people were bound to die in wars, but she never readied herself for it - especially if she had a somewhat friendship with them. But guess what? she has this "somewhat friendship" with many people in Hogwarts.

Successfully apparating to Hogsmeade, the four friends were met with a loud alarm noise ringing in the area

"They're here!"

"Quick! Find them!"

Fucking Merlin. Athena mentally groaned, leading the three as they hid in the dark.

"Any sign of them?"

The villagers of Hogsmeade seemed mad, desperately wanting to find them - or Harry. Athena's eyes scanned over the place, Honeydukes is just behind that alley...

"Potter!!" A man had yelled out, numerous other yells from others echoing after. Athena looked at her friends as the two men who were close to discovering them had left, nudging towards the alley ahead of them.

Getting up, they ran towards it, following as Athena led the way. Reaching the exit, they were met with gates blocking it. "Bloody hell, when'd they get these gates here?" Athena whispered frustratedly.

"In here, Potter." A gruff voice called. The four turned to the source, eyes widening as they looked at the figure - which walked away down the stairs as the door had opened wide.

Harry was the first to move, walking inside the door as Ron and Hermione followed, Athena last. "Did you see that?- for a second I thought it was-"

"Dumbledore..." Hermione finished Ron's statement, voice fading as they walked down the stairs.

Once reaching the end of the staircase, they were met with a dingy, dimly lit, walls-cracked, old looking room. It had minimal items, such as a table in the middle, a large painting of a young woman on the wall, and a few other house necessities.

"Harry, you're here." Hermione pointed at the broken mirror on the wall, one with a piece missing. Harry looked over to the two-way mirror on the wall, then to the small piece he was holding.

Athena's eyes widened, brows furrowing slightly. "Why is that there..."

The sound of a door opening was heard. "You bloody fools. What were you thinking coming here? Have you any idea how dangerous it is here?"

"You're Aberforth, Dumbledore's brother." Harry announced. "It's you who i've been seeing in here. You're the one who sent Dobby."

"Where've you left him?"

"He's dead."

"Oh," Aberforth paused, "sorry to hear that. I liked that elf."

"You're the owner who gives me free butterbeer in Hog's Head!" Athena exclaimed as she snapped her fingers, almost forgetting the two-way mirror that originally belonged to her Uncle. Quickly slapping her cheek, she pointed at the mirror on the wall. "Who gave you that two-way mirror?"

"Mundungus Fletcher, about a year ago."

"That shit had no right giving that to anyone, that belonged to-"

"James. Albus told me." Aberforth interrupted Athena, walking closer towards Harry as he made eye contact with him. "He also told me you'd likely be hacked off if you found out I had it, but ask yourself, where would I be if I didn't?"

A tension grew between the two, silence peeking between the room as the air grew thick. Athena looked at the two, focusing on Harry who looked like he was going to punch the old man.

"Uh, I'm really sorry for interrupting right now, but it's been months since I've had freshly made butterbeer and you're right here Aberforth so I thought-"

✓ | 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐈𝐒; avengers x harry potterOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara