².⁸petrifed

┍━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┑

𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟑
𝐇𝐎𝐆𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐒

┕━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┙

━HARRY HAD TAKEN CARE OF THE DIARY AFTER THEY FOUND IT in Moaning Myrtle's bathroom. Athena didn't want to care of it as she wasn't very responsible with items - the boys words not hers - and because it would just be sitting in her dorm rather than someone checking it out. So Harry took it. Though that didn't turn out well as they were currently looking at the large mess in the boys dorm room, Harry's area looking as if someone had rummaged throughout the whole place looking for something. And they did.

"They found what they needed... Tom Riddle's diary is gone..."

───── ❦ ─────

The four were currently walking to the Great Hall.

"Hey Ginny!" Athena noticed the girl, waving at her enthusiastically, only for her to look at the group with widened eyes, then walking away immediately. "Is she okay?"

"Don't know... She gets weirder and weirder by the day." Ron spoke as he watched his sister walk away.

"Okay... Well hurry up, I need me some treacle tarts." Athena whined, pulling her friends hands.

Suddenly Harry stops. The other three stop, watching the expression on his face. "Oh no..."

"Don't tell me..." Harry turned away from his friends, following the sound as he trails his fingers on the wall. "Harry no don't follow it!"

Then Harry stops, shaking his head as if it went away. At that moment Hermione gasps. "I think I've just understand something. Athena come with me!" Hermione yells, grabbing the girls wrist as they ran towards the library's direction.

"What do you understand!?"

───── ❦ ─────

"This is fantastic!" Athena exclaimed as she jumped up to her feet. "'Mione your brilliant!"

"Well, not really. Just smart-" Hermione informed her, but was cut off by the girl.

"Shut up and take the compliment!" Athena told her joyously. "Though, in all seriousness, you solved it! We've got tell the boys about this!"

"You go on, but be careful." Hermione brought out another book. "I have to finish up with some reading first."

Athena nodded. "I've got a mirror in my bag." She brought out the small mirror, then kissing Hermione in the cheek just before walking away. "Be careful M!"

"I will!" Hermione waved at her, a slight blush coating her cheeks.

Athena walked out of the library feeling Madam Pince's glares facing her way as she leaves. The dark-haired girl held onto the mirror, using it to travel the hallways safely.

"Athena?" A voice was heard behind her.

Athena used the mirror to look behind her, only to see a familiar person that she had befriended a few days ago. She turned around, her mouth turning into a smile. "Sebastian!"

"What are you doing with that mirror?" The muggle-born asked, his eyebrows furrowing in confusion. Deciding that she didn't want to scare the boy, she shook her head.

"Er- Safety precautions."

"O..kay?" The boy looked at her as he caught up with her. "So where you headed?"

"Since I missed dinner, I'm heading to the kitchens." She answered, still using to look around the corridors.

"Oh okay, do you want some company?" The boy asked shyly.

"Do you want to come with?" Athena asked simply, tilted her head.

The boy nodded, smiling. "Yeah sure."

Athena returned the smile. "Then sure, I can endure the company."

The two made small talk as they made their way to the kitchens. As Athena used the mirror to look at the next corridor, she noticed large, glowing, yellow irises. Knowing exactly what it was she turned to the Hufflepuff boy next to her in panic. "Oh no... Jones run. Go to a teacher and get help."

Sebastian Jones was confused as he watched the girl try and push him away. "What? What do you mean run?"

"Just run! Get a teacher! And use this to look before you run into a corridor!" Athena didn't answer him, wanting to get the boy out of danger immediately.

Noticing the panicked look on the girl's face, the boy listened. He ran. He ran to the nearest teacher, which happened to be Professor McGonagall's. Sebastian ran in the office, not bothered to knock. "Professor!"

The professor's head shot up from the paper she was writing on. "Mr. Jones! What in Merlin's name are you doing! You know that it is highly disrespectful bursting into a teachers office without knocking!"

"Yes, I'm aware professor. I'm sorry. But it's Athena." The boy panicked, huffing in and out. "S-something's wrong. She told me to run and get a teacher. I-I didn't know what was happening exactly but she looked like she was troubled."

McGonagall's eyes furrowed, slowly standing up from her spot. "What do you mean?"

"I- I'm not quite sure, but we were just walking then she stopped. She told me to run and get a teacher. The more confusing part was that she threw her mirror at me." The boy showed her the pocket mirror - which was now cracked.

Minerva's eyes widened. "Lead me to her please Mr. Jones."

And he did. The boy nodded, leading the professor to where he had last seen the girl. The two were in a hurry. Though Minerva McGonagall might not show it, but she had grown to care for the young Black, just like she did for the Marauders back when they had gone to school. You could say that she cared for the girl more as she was different.

She wasn't just a smart girl who caused pranks every now and then. She was brave. She would do reckless stuff but wouldn't dare hurt someone who didn't deserve it. She would help someone - no matter who or what they are, she wouldn't think twice to help someone. And that was the case right now. She represented the house of Gryffindor with pride, only allowing the older witch to adore the girl more.

They found the Black on the floor. And the sight of her had traumatised them. There, Athena Black laid petrified. Frozen. She had an alarmed look on her face. Her eyebrows slightly furrowed as if she was looking for something.

"Oh dear..." The professor looked at the girl, feeling a slight pain in her chest. "Jones, follow me please. I need to ask you a few more questions about this..."

┍━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┑

━edited -siriuslycv 2022©

┕━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┙