⁷.¹⁶untold

1998SHELL COTTAGE

1998
SHELL COTTAGE

Athena felt the air leave her lungs again upon the impact of landing on something hard, yet... soft?

She opened her eyes, pushing herself up. She felt a grainy, sandy texture attach to her skin. Head facing up, she looked around. The ocean breeze hit her face, hair flowing along with it. Realising that she had seen no one near her, she stood up.

Glancing around, she can see figures in the far distance. Running towards them at first, then realising it was her friends. She teleported as she ran, landing beside Hermione as the first thing she'd seen was Harry on his knees, a small figure in his arms.

Her eyes widened, seeing that the figure - Dobby - was bleeding. The source of bleeding was in the middle of his stomach. A knife, the one Athena had seen Bellatrix throw, was divulged right into the elf.

Harry was sobbing, whilst holding the small body close. Athena - along with the others with her - had stood still, watching in sympathy as they watched the scene occur. Luna had sat down to the boy's aid, closing the eyes of the lifeless creature in Harry's arms.

"I... I want to bury him." Harry stated, eyes trained on the body.

Athena helped Harry shovel out the mixture of dirt and sand.

There was a small hill behind the cottage - which had belonged to Bill and Fleur - and had buried Dobby upon the hill. It was peaceful, a peaceful place that the passed elf would've wanted to rest in.

Harry had been quiet the whole time, and Athena understood why. She didn't pry, nor did she say anything to him as she let him mourn in silence. She didn't hold a close relationship with the elf, unlike Harry, but she knew how much they meant to the boy.

So, as the sound of steps filled my ears, I glanced down at the hole. It was deep enough, so the girl moved to the side, allowing Hermione to hand the covered body to Harry. The boy cradled it, crouching down to his knees as he placed the body inside.

Slowly, they started filling the hole up with the dirt again. It was silent, as expected, the only source of sound being the wind blowing and the ocean nearby. No one complained. It was simply appreciated.