⁵.⁶words and talks

1995HOGWARTS

1995
HOGWARTS

Athena wrapped her oversized, grey jumper around her body, walking down the stairs of the girls dorm rooms. Upon entering the common room, she noticed Harry sitting by himself on one of the couches.

She walked over to the boy, sitting on his left. As she leant back on the arm of the chair, focusing on Harry's expression, she noticed that something was off. He didn't acknowledge her, and he was avoiding eye contact. His left hand seemed very stiff, hidden underneath the book he was reading.

Her eyes had tried to peek at his hand. Harry noticed this from the corner of his eyes, and had tried to hide his visibly red hand further underneath the book. Ron and Hermione had soon entered the common room, smiles on both their faces. The two had walked closer to them, also noticing Harry's quiet expression.

Athena had shrugged as they both looked at her with a "what's wrong with him" look. Ron sat down on the spot next to Harry, leaving Hermione awkwardly standing there - until Ron had pulled her wrist, making her sit on his lap.

Having enough of his ignorance, Athena had grabbed the boy's hand, noticing the engraved words on his hand. "I must not- Harry what the hell is this?"

Harry had immediately pulled his hand back, hiding it underneath his book again. "It's nothing."

Hermione had also caught a glimpse of his hand, her face expression worried. "Harry, you have to report this."

"No, I can't." Harry stated. "I don't want to give Umbridge the satisfaction."

"Harry, that toad-face looking bitch made you carve stuff on your hand!" Athena exclaimed. "You have to go tell someone about this!"

"Athena's right, Har," Ron joined in. "The woman's torturing you. If James knew about this-"

"My dad isn't here now, is he?" Harry retorted.

"No but I exist." Athena had stated. "With one letter-"

"Athena, don't you dare." Harry glared at her.

"Then report this to someone. It's either you do it or I do."

Harry had just shaken his head, packing his book then got up and left. Athena scoffed, looking towards Ron and Hermione, who had shot her sympathetic looks.

✎✎

Athena had walked alongside Ginny as the two made their way to the Quidditch Pitch, their brooms on their shoulders. "-So what if me and George are dating?"

"Nothing!" Ginny giggled. "It's just that it took him that long to finally ask you out."

"Hey, you can't talk!" Athena laughed. "You've been sending heart eyes towards Lovegood and you've done nothing!"

"Well to begin with, I don't even know if she's..."

"She's what?"

"You know," she leaned in closer Athena as she lowered her voice, "if she's into girls."