⁶.⁷sokovia

1996

1996

Athena was getting ready.

After a short, yet earful yelling from Tony, she was allowed to join in the fight (not that she was going to listen if he said no anyways).

She put on her some comfortable, best fighting clothes for her. A slightly baggy, black cargo pants, paired with a black, smooth long sleeve, tucked into her pants. She had strapped a few guns and knives onto her leg, over her pants, and she wore a pair of boots that allowed her to run, do combat, and store knives at the same time.

Steve's instructions were always long and complicated for Athena, hence why she only listened to the main parts that she needed to contribute to. Help people of Sokovia. Get them out of the city for protection. Go to Ultron's hideout. Find out what he's building, and find Nat.

But for her, she only had to help get the people of Sokovia out of the city.

With the help of the Maximoff twins, they were able to get many residents to evacuate the city, however, there were still many more citizens left in the city. It wasn't a really easy task (the opposite could be said for Wanda as she could just go into the population's minds to make them leave), but for Athena and Pietro, they had to think of something else.

Their plan was a good one, though it earned some scolding from Steve.

~ f l a s h b a c k ~

"Why don't we just go to the police." Pietro added. "We could go in, tell them the city is under attack, and done. Easy!"

Athena nodded. "Alright, let's do that... But we gotta add some flavour in it."

"Flavour?" The male twin asked.

The Black nodded again, a grin forming on her face. "Instead of just us two going in normally, you can run in there with you super speed, then yell out "the city is under attack! Get the civilians out of here!", and then you run out again with your super speed."

Pietro narrowed his eyes at her. "And what exactly do you do in this situation?"

From what Pietro saw, he swore her grin just turned evil. "I'm plan B. If they don't listen to you, then I go in there with guns and start shooting all over the place."

"But you don't have my super speed. How will you run in there really fast?"

"I have teleportation, dumbarse."

"I may only be older than you by three years, but that doesn't mean you get to disrespect me you twit-"

"Shut up, and run in there!" Athena purposefully interrupted the boy. "We can't waste no time!"

With a roll of his eyes, the boy left, running to the police station. At least five seconds later, he came back with an annoyed look on his face. Athena laughed at this, pointing at his face. Pietro then grumbled something before grabbing the girl, throwing her onto his back - in a piggy back figure, with his hands holding Athena's legs and her hands onto his shoulders - as the Maximoff ran off to where their jet was. Athena was caught off guard by the speed, her head spinning once they got to the jet.

"How are you... not dizzy when you run... that fast?" Athena asked, one hand on his shoulder as her other was holding her head. "You could've given me a warning at least...."

"I was going to, but you were too busy making fun of me." Pietro handed her an assault rifle."Okay, hold on."

"What-" And they were off again. Athena was luckily able to compose herself, hanging onto the Maximoff freely, but still tightly. As they got in the police station again, Athena started shooting the guns to the ceiling (there's no second floor, luckily), scaring the people in the building.

"Get off your asses." Pietro muttered lowly, walking out as Athena watched the people scramble.

~e n d  o f  f l a s h b a c k ~

Let's just say, that Steve wasn't happy about her blasting guns through the roof of a police station.

✎✎

Though she didn't have mind control abilities - screw her inability to not give her those powers - she couldn't really do what Wanda had done, but what she could do was teleport them large groups out.

Yes, her energy would easily run out, but then if she didn't learn how to get used to it, when will she ever?

With a water bottle in her hand, she scanned over the group of people (who had their minds given a task, thanks to Wanda), holding each other's hands or had a hand on another person's shoulder. She looked over to Wanda, giving her a nod. Athena took a deep breath, putting both her hands on two peoples' shoulders. Get them out of the city, into protection. Get them out of the city, into protection.

Athena didn't really have the time to explore the outskirts of Sokovia, but with a map given to her by Bruce, she only had to teleport them to the edge of the city, near the forest. And on the count of three, she, and the group of people, had vanished within a blue and black cloud.

As she reached the outskirts, she immediately fell down to her knees, catching her breath. "Bloody hell..." She breathed out. She got back up, taking a massive gulp from her bottle. She scanned the group of civilians, seeing as they were still in the same state as they were in before. She turned her head to the sides, to the edge of the village, seeing a red aura floating around as people situated themselves off the city. "That girl is managing to do all of this, and she's probably not even tired..."

She teleported back again to where she was before, finding another group of people that Wanda had gathered. Wanda had caught her eye, looking at her with an expression as if asking "are you okay?". Athena nodded at her, giving her a thumbs up and a grin. Wanda smiled back at her softly, returning back to her duty.

Athena then took in a deep breath. "It's okay. I've got this."