⁷.³³like mother like daughter

1999BLACK REIDENCE

1999
BLACK REIDENCE

"You don't think you're going to survive, do you?" Remus softly spoke up, breaking the somber silence between five adults. A tear slipped down from Athena's face, not moving or saying anything in response. Though, they'd already received an answer just from her mere silence.

She'd heard a broken sob come out from one of the males, her head facing her lap as if she was in shame. Then, before she knew it, tears continued to stream down, falling onto her clothed lap. "I'm sorry. I have to go on this mission and I can't refuse. Its for the sake of everyone in the universe-"

"I don't care if its for the sake of the universe! I don't want my daughter to go on some death mission!" Sirius cried, standing up as dramatic hand gestures were made.

"Dad- it's either I die trying to save everyone or don't! And we all know for sure that if I don't try then its pretty much like giving him what he wants. You know that I'm strong enough to-"

"That's the thing! I don't want you to be strong enough!" Sirius yelled, causing the girl to stay silent, as she was now also standing, staring at her father with wide eyes.

"...What?" She asked, voice breaking as a slight pang hit her chest. Both Blacks hadn't even notice that the other three males, Remus, James and Harry had left the living room, going up the stairs to give baby Teddy some company - who was now wailing - as well as give the father and daughter some private time.

"I don't want you to be strong enough!" The man had said, "I don't want you to going off to where your death would be- especially since your so certain about it!"

Athena had a look of disbelief on her face, misinterpreting her fathers words. "So- so what? You want me to be weak and defenceless or something-"

"That's not what I was saying-"

Athena scoffed. "Well it surely sounded like it-"

"I don't want you to leave me like your mother did!" Sirius had finally confessed. "I don't want you to die on me, like she did. We were barely twenty when she died, and I don't want you to be like her and die when you're still so young."

No words left the girl's mouth. Not when the salty tears were uncontrollably sliding down her face.

"You're so much more similar to your mother than you know." Sirius sighed, sitting againsts the arm of the couch.

Softly, Athena asked. "How?"

"... You both believe that you were both strong enough to do risky shit all on your own." Sirius laughed, though it was more of a sad one. "During that night, I had gone to check on that rat, seeing as everyone in the Order had been worried about him. He was distant with the Order, and we all believed that he had been one of the people recently attacked. So being the good friend I was, I decided to go and check on him. That would have been the biggest mistake I'd created in my life." He laughed again, though this time it was bitter. "Before I had left, I was feeling somewhat paranoid, but Maddie assured me that it was alright, that she would have been fine as she was protected by the charm around the house, and her wand. You wanna know what her exact words were?"

Athena didn't speak, staring at her father even if it was slightly blurred from the tears.

"'I'm strong enough to defend myself from some bastard.'" The older Black's voice broke. "It was one of her last words to me."

It had gone quiet again, despite the short footsteps upstairs, and Teddy's cries. Athena was the first to do something, as she had walked over to her dad and hugged him, quietly crying into his shoulder.

And as much as Athena didn't want to go on this mission, she knew that nothing would change her mind, nor the Head's. It had stayed like that, both father and daughter just holding onto each other as if it was the last.

"I'm sorry."

"Don't apologise, love." Sirius sniffed, pulling Athena away. "I know that I can't take you out of this mission, but I just wanted to say that. To let it all out."

Athena then hugged him again, just staying in her father's embrace as she et her emotions out. "If this doesn't go well, then just know that I love you so fucking much. Thank you so for being with me, and even if I hadn't been able to spend my first four years with you, the many years after made up for it."

Sirius nodded, looking up as if trying to prevent more tears from coming down, before looking back down to give a longing kiss on his daughters head, then just simply holding her tight.

"Athena..."

"Yeah dad?"

"Can you promise me something?"

"... It depends."

"Promise me, that you'll do your best to live long. Even if you are fighting in some sort of battle, promise me that you'll do your best to survive that battle, and live a long life."

And with a nod, a promise was made.

ion kno why i dived right into the angst in this chap but i did

ion kno why i dived right into the angst in this chap but i did. DONT WORRY IM GONNA POST THE NEXT CHAP ONCE I FINISH IT IN LIKE A FEW MINS AND IM DIVING RIGHT INTO THE INFINITY WAR PART THERE 

 DONT WORRY IM GONNA POST THE NEXT CHAP ONCE I FINISH IT IN LIKE A FEW MINS AND IM DIVING RIGHT INTO THE INFINITY WAR PART THERE