⁴.¹⁵bug in a jar

┍━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┑

━𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟓
𝐇𝐎𝐆𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐒

┕━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┙

━ EVER SINCE RITA SKEETER HAD WRITTEN THAT ARTICLE ABOUT HERMIONE AND THE TWO CHAMPIONS, the poor girl's been receiving many different hate mails from their fans.

This angered yet humoured Athena.

So every time Hermione would receive a hate mail, Athena would stop the owl from leaving, give it a snack if it bites or pecks her, then send a dungbomb in a box in return. Though sadly, Hermione had found out she'd done this, and banned her from doing said act as she didn't want to receive more angry letters. (But Athena simply nodded and rolled her eyes.)

"Please M." Athena pleaded as she walked next to the girl. "Just one more dungbomb. Please."

"No, Athena." The brown-haired girl finalised. "If you keep sending more of those dungbombs, then I'll just receive more hate letters!"

"Just don't open them then!" The Black raised her arms then flopped it back down. "Okay how about this: you get the letter, I open said-letter, I check if it's a hate mail, and if it is, I get to send dung-"

"No."

"Oh you-" Athena scrunched her nose and lips together, stopping what she was originally going to leave her mouth, "-goodie-goodie, nice, bastard! You ruin my fun." As they approached the Fat Lady's portrait, Athena walked a couple steps ahead of the girl. With the use of her intangibility, she walk through the portrait. Though as she unexpectedly expected, she had gotten stuck half way through, her head and waist being inside the room whereas the other half of her body stayed out. "Oh bloody hell."

A laugh escaped Hermione's mouth, walking towards the girl. "Balderdash."

The Fat Lady pulled an eyebrow, but nonetheless opened the door for the Granger.

"Hermione, I will reign hell on you if-" Athena was cut off as she pushed herself out of the portrait, falling onto the ground.

Groaning, she got off the floor, slumped her way to the couch and collapsed her body onto the couch, not caring if people were on it. "Hello Nana."

Athena looked up to whoever spoke, seeing George and Fred on the couch. "Hi boys."

"You look like you had some fun with the floor." Fred grinned, looking at the girl innocently.

"I did. Me and the floor are friends. Maybe even best friends." She stated blankly. "If you want, I can introduce you to them. I'm sure they'd love you. Maybe they would even want you to join them a couple of times."

The red-head snickered, shaking his head no. "I think I'd be fine with Lee, Georgie and you."

"What I thought. Now let me just lay here. 'Mione won't let me send dungbombs to some grumpy fangirls."

───── ❦ ─────

"That's quite odd." Athena's brows furrowed, listening to Harry explain what had just happened. Her hand found home in Anansi's fur, the feline finding comfort in her owner's warm strokes.  "The man was weird really, but that wouldn't explain why he was acting like that."

Barty Crouch Senior was odd. When Viktor had talked to Harry, they had taken a stroll in the woods, where they had seen the minister talking to himself. He said to Harry to go find Dumbledore, that he needs to warn him something. Harry had gone off to find Dumbledore, but when the two had come back with Viktor saying Crouch had attacked him. It was very weird.

"You sure Viktor wasn't the one that was mad, instead of Crouch? A minister wouldn't just attack a student. Let alone a madly skilled one!"

"'M positive." Harry nodded. "Viktor looked all frantic and Crouch looked mad. Then me and Krum had to walk away."

"Well that's just bloody weird. Really weird."

"That's bold coming from you." Ron joked, swallowing a piece of tart down his throat.

Athena shoved the boy next to her playfully. "Shut up Ronald. I know I'm weird but not that type of weird. I don't go attacking students."

"Well-" Harry started, but was stopped by Athena placing a piece of treacle tart in his mouth.

"Well what? You didn't seem to finish your sentence." Harry glared at the girl, chewing on the food. The four were currently in the kitchen, snacking on treacle tart. All except Hermione, who looked like she was forming a plan in her mind. "You alright there M? What's troubling you?"

Hermione snapped out of her trance, looking at her friends. "Huh? Oh. I was... just thinking."

"And can we know what you were thinking about?" Harry asked pleadingly, Athena and Ron looking at the girl with the same eyes.

The brown-haired girl's eyes rolled. "Athena would love this actually, erm... I was thinking of a way to get back at Rita. The bloody hag's been on my back like a bug."

Usually, Athena would be clapping and cheering Hermione on, but right now, she looked as if she just remembered something. "You know, now that I think about it, I always see the same bug on your shoulder. Especially when you are talking to Viktor or Harry. The same one around every time Rita Skeeter is supposed to be on school grounds."

"You don't think..."

"Of course I do! Now, next time you are talking to Mister I'm-Bulgarian-Not-Russian Krum, try to see if there's a black beetle on your shoulder. I'll bet you galleons it's her."

"Alright... What do I do after?"

"Easy." Harry clicked his tongue.

"You keep her in a jar."
"You step on her."
"You feed her to Anansi or Crookshanks."

Hermione looked at her three friends wide-eyed, the three keeping a straight face. "I think... I'll stick to Harry's idea. I'll just hand her to the ministry and they'll take her to Azkaban."

Athena and Ron suddenly looked at each other, then exclaimed at the same time.

"Stepping on her will make too much of a mess!"
"My cat nor Crookshanks will not like the taste of that foul bug!"

Harry and Hermione looked at each other with a shake of her friends. "This is what we have to deal with everyday."

Ron and Athena turned their heads back to the two. "And you'll continue to deal with us until we are all six feet under ground with our gravestones next to each other." Ron stated.

"This isn't a seven year trial, you two. Harry has literally dealt with me since nappies, and will continue to do so until we are all blind, deaf, or crippled." Athena smiled.

┍━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┑

━edited -siriuslycv 2023©┕━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┙

┕━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┙