⁴.¹⁶the final task

┍━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┑

𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟓
𝐇𝐎𝐆𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐒

┕━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┙

HARRY FELL DOWN, HIS HAND CLUTCHING HIS FOREHEAD IN PAIN. Cedric noticed the boy's agony, following in suit as he knelt down to see if the boy was alright. Beneath a cauldron in front of them, a flame had started, in sync with Harry kneeling down and a man exiting the cave of the graveyard they were at.

Flash.

"Kill the spare!" a croaky, small voice yelled out. The man, Peter Pettigrew, had pointed his wand at Cedric, a green flash exited the tip and the Hufflepuff's body flew back, laying dead on the floor.

Flash.

Harry was pinned against a hooded statue, the scythe held against his neck. Peter Pettigrew held a knife in his hand, moving Harry's sleeve out of the way. The Potter screamed and cried in pain as the knife slid down his wrist, blood slowly dripping down as he tried to wriggle out of the scythe's hold.

Flash.

The cauldron had burst and lifted into flames, said blaze perishing, and a thin, boney, and pale creature covered in a thick, translucent liquid had appeared. A black smoke grew above the creature slowly grew into a body. Its back straightened its arched form as more flesh had filled the creature. The black smoke came down, becoming a cloak for the creature, which then turned into a man-like figure.

Flash.

The view was now facing the creature. Thin and unnaturally long fingers caressed the hairless head, the hands grazing over his pale, chalk-white and skull-like face. His eyes opened, cat-like slits visible on his blood coloured eyes.

"Voldemort is back!" cried a voice.

Athena's eyes shot open, unaware of the sweat running down the side of her head. She hadn't had a nightmare like this since last year, when the Battle of New York happened. Around her were her sleeping dorm mates. Outside the window was the sun rising, making Athena glance over to her clock, which read 5:07 am.

As she got up, getting ready for her morning run, she couldn't help but think what her nightmare meant. Her previous nightmares had turned out to be her mind warning her about a bad event that did occur in the future. It felt the exact same as it did before. It felt real. She could feel the fear in her view as she had watched what was happening. She could feel the pain and eagerness in Harry's yells, along with Voldemort's commands. But what confused her was that she wasn't there. Her physical body wasn't there, but she could still see what was happening.

However, her gut was telling her that this meant something bad. Something really bad.

And usually, her gut was always right.

───── ❦ ─────

Athena stood next to her father, godfather and uncle as they hugged Harry good luck on his last task.

The last task was a maze. The contestants had to battle different creatures in the thick and tall maze, trying to find their way in the middle at the same time. In the middle, the Triwizard Cup was placed. Then whoever finds their way in the middle first, then grabbing it was the winner of the Triwizard Tournament, winning them glory, money, and a spot in history.