¹.¹⁴end of first year

┍━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┑

𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟐
𝐇𝐎𝐆𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐒

┕━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┙

━ DAYS HAD PASSED SINCE THE PHILOSOPHER'S STONE INCIDENT. Her suspicions were right, as it was the stuttering professor who was trying to steal the stone.

The young Black's reputation had grown even more after that night. Athena was already well known the moment she had joined Hogwarts. Formerly, people had known her for not surviving the night at Godric's Hollow. A few years later, people have mentioned that they had spotted her every now and then. Her arrival to Hogwarts had just confirmed the rumours, that she was truly alive and had not died.

Now, just during her first year at Hogwarts, she was known as the mischievous troublemaker who somehow got top marks in all her classes. She was smart, but not so smart at the same time either. Though there wasn't any surprise there since everyone knew her father was the famous Sirius Black, not many knew that there was more to her than just a smart prankster.

When word spread out that the four first years had managed to stop Quirell from stealing the Stone, it wasn't hard to notice that their names were spread around the hallways like wildfire. Harry and Athena were fine with attention, but Ron and Hermione seems to be adjusting to the sudden notice.

The four were now sitting in the Great Hall, listening to Dumbledore give his last speech of the year. Everyone already knew that Slytherin was going to win the house cup as that would be the reason for the green banners surrounding the walls. That would also be why Athena sat there with a massive pout on her face.

Many cheers had erupted from the greenhouse as Dumbledore had announced that they have won the House Cup. "However, recent events must be taken into account, and I have a few last-minute points to award." Dumbledore interrupted. Athena looks at her friends, noticing the hopeful looks on their faces.

"First to Miss Hermione Granger, for the cool use of intellect when others are in grave peril. Fifty points!." Athena grinned widely, cheering and clapping loudly for her friend.

"Second, to Miss Athena Black. for being strong and helping the people around her no matter what difficult challenges occur. I also award fifty points!" The grin on Athena's face only grew wider. Many familiar faces had cheered and looked at her proudly as she received a pat on the back by a certain red-headed twin.

"Third, to Mister Ronald Weasley. For the best-played game of chess, Hogwarts has seen these many years. Another fifty points." By now, Athena's cheeks were aching as she clapped and cheered for her friends.

"And next, to Mister Harry Potter. For pure love and outstanding courage. I award Gryffindor house sixty points!" Athena couldn't be happier in that moment. Many cheers had applauded the group – mainly from their housemates.

"Wait but we're tied with Slytherin!" Someone from Gryffindor had yelled out.

(¡a/n! let's pretend that the Slytherins were given an extra 50 points from the start)

"I still have one last award to give." The headmaster announced. Suspense had easily filled the Hall as many students were waiting to see who would receive the house cup. "It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to your enemies, but a great deal more to stand up to your friends. I award ten points to Neville Longbottom." Athena stood up, cheering and yelling as loud as she can as she couldn't be more happier at that moment. "Assuming my calculations are correct, I believe that a change of decoration is in order." The green banners had then turned red. "Gryffindor wins the House Cup!"